Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: LEH and high fuel prices

Re: LEH and high fuel prices

Buy a diesel ...... gassers are fer muscle cars !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferenc View Post
    Buy a diesel ...... gassers are fer muscle cars !!!

Jumped that ship in 2017. 1.25 for diesel isn’t MUcH better lol besides my 800+ km to a tank in a pickup truck.

I’m so glad I didn’t get an LEH, otherwise I would have had to buy gas?
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    Jumped that ship in 2017. 1.25 for diesel isn’t MUcH better lol besides my 800+ km to a tank in a pickup truck.
    Thats the biggest benefit of living 700 yards from the border. I’m paying +/- $1.00 per litre for diesel with exchange. $20 for a 12 pack of Stella or $15 ($11 USD) for a 18 pack of Coors doesn’t hurt either!

of course, I have to drive 2-3 hours to get to any decent hunting, so that pretty much just ruined my whole point...
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

I find it funny when people think nothing of spending $2500 for a week in mexico....but balk at extra fuel costs for a hunt. For me, my hunting is my vacations....a vacation that just happens to have the potential for a return on money spent.
    If you hunt as a purely financial exercise, to save money on buying meat.....thats almost always a losing proposition so don't take LEH's away from someone who will use them if fuel costs would prevent you from going on the hunt.

JMO
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Hunting isnt cheap. I have never even considered fuel prices in a trip. I mean I know its a cost but so are trucks, guns,packs optics and everything else. I do save all year around for trips though. Every payday sees a minimum $20 into the safe!

Toyota echo is my hunting 'truck' ,,not bad for gas.. takes deer its trunk no probl..maybe not moose.... finnygun no millionare.. just some coins and some holes in pockets..

My buddy on the island has a theory that LEH is rigged to make us travel-use the ferry! He's been applying for 30 years for elk on the island. Last year we got a group LEH draw for moose south of Vanderhoof, so he & other island buddy had a longer drive than I from Vernon. He has been successful in many draws on the mainland, never on the island where he lives! Anyhow, in an effort to prove his theory, for this year he said "Mike, you apply for Elk on the Island!". Well none of us got a draw for anything! Myth busted! Starting to near the bottom of the freezer looking for moose meat from last year's successful moose hunt....

My truck stays parked most of the time as I use transit around Vancouver except for big shopping trips to the stupid store, so I didn't feel bad last week going on my one longer trip out of town this season to Big Bar Lake on a buddy's moose LEH trip.

Gas prices do not affect my decisions whatsoever, at least not since I was a poor teenager. They would have to double or triple before it would impact my decisions, but even then, I don't think it would affect my hunting decisions.