Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LEH and high fuel prices

Re: LEH and high fuel prices

I drive a 140 litre gas tank suburban and Peter drives a big ass have no clue how big deisel tank Dodge Mega Ram - we put in our draws - we have our hunts planned and hope for the draws to come in - gas price never changes our decisions - he just gets worried he wont eat as well as he does lol - feed the belly, feed the vehicle - you only live once make sure you live it to your fullest enjoyment

A Real Southern Canadian Beaver &
    I am Proud to be 100% Canadian "Y'ALL"
    + 110% Redneck Woman "Yehaww"

redneck wedding vow: til huntin season do we part
    watch Alison's Kitchen on "Nice Fish Pro Staff" with Gary Cooper

I myself don't think the gas prices have anything to do with the LEH outcome.

Hunters aren't held back because of the Price of fuel ,they will put in for the LEH from any were and go ,its in our blood.
    Last edited by hunter1947; 07-08-2008 at 05:51 PM.

Life wont stop when it reaches 1.80 a litre or 2.50.The kids dont need braces that bad
    "ETCOOMS"

Quote Originally Posted by newhunterette View Post
    gas price never changes our decisions - feed the belly, feed the vehicle - you only live once make sure you live it to your fullest enjoyment

Couldn't agree more The price of Gas has no bearing on my hunting what so ever. May have to put a second Mortgage on the house. But i am definitely heading out of town, more than once.

sneg is offline Born 2 hunt forced 2 work

I think it is difficult to put gas price limit on thing you like to do. Will go hunting does not matter how much it will go up. Be there makes me happy. But , do not understand why those people so greedy selling oil that high and why others want to make us feel miserable by putting on their stupid taxes. There is no need for that nonsense.
    Member of Outdoors Club Antlers and Hoofs.
    http://antlersandhoofs.com/index.php
    Member of Mission Gun and Rod Club.
    Member of Safari Club International.
    Member of Delta Waterfowl.
    Member of Ducks Unlimited.

I ride my bicycle all summer so I can afford to drive the truck in the fall for hunting
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I don't think it will of had an affect on applications this year, but may be on LEH's that are actually hunted, next year may be a different story though.

I will modify the way I hunt this year. In locations where I would normally come home at the end of the day and head back out the next, I'll likely stay overnight instead. Gas prices had zero effect on how I applied for LEH. I am even considering heading to Alberta to hunt with my brother (which I did 5 years ago when diesel was $0.28/litre in Edmonton) and for a change in scenery.

A123, I'm thinking the same way, camp out more. Last Nov I only got out a few partial days, to a spot about 2 hrs away. Fuel bill was over $600 as I am regularily reminded about (Wife (tm) is a book keeper). Nights are longer, but a good book should help.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    A123, I'm thinking the same way, camp out more. Last Nov I only got out a few partial days, to a spot about 2 hrs away. Fuel bill was over $600 as I am regularily reminded about (Wife (tm) is a book keeper). Nights are longer, but a good book should help.
    Get satellite internet, and you could spend your nights in the camper, on here, chirping about LEH and the price of diesel for the Cummins. You'd never come home then.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !