Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: LEH and high fuel prices

Re: LEH and high fuel prices

Yeah, gotta wait for my authorization to come

i can tell you that since i've owned an atv that the cost of fuel doesn't even come into effect since i can ride all day on about $15. they better not start restricting atv's now!!!!
    no vegetables here

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    How well does sat internet work, anyway?

I live in a somewhat remote area with dialup only. And no chance of high speed any time soon.
    Xplornet kicks butt on dialup. You are probably looking at ~$700 installed plus $62/month for a service fast enough for anything but streaming video. Faster packages are available for $89 and then $199 (or thereabouts).

To the question about gas and LEH, it has contributed to my choice to no longer apply for bison and spatzizi caribou and concentrate on hunts in my own region. But it is far from the only (or most important) reason for this.

Gate House; Satellite internet actually works very well. If you are interested, I have a complete system that I was using at work and no longer need. It includes Dish, Modem, wireless router and an aluminum stand that I had built. Paid 1200.00 four years ago and will let go for 400.00. The tricky thing about it is the set up as you are both transmitting and recieving the dish has to be dead on, for the best performance. If you are interested look up Xplornet on the web and view the packages, that are available. I had one that was costing me 54.00 per month and it was away faster than dial up.

It coast me 77.00 yesterday to fill one tank in the truck.

If I filled both tanks it would be around $160.00.

To get me to cranbrook into my hunting area I would go through about 6 tanks to get there ,the amount would be $540.00 ,thats not that bad when you split it 3 ways ,works out to $160.00 per person ,returned $320.00.

Ferry ride will coast $300.00 return ,split 3 ways $100.00 dollars.

Final per person would be $420.00.

To me this is peanuts for money.

Go on a trip for two weeks some were down south and see what it will coast you.
    Last edited by hunter1947; 07-10-2008 at 11:15 AM.

Yep, that is a cheap 2 week trip.

Where I will notice it is the weekend or day to day stuff where the vehicle is in constant use.

I am sure road hunters will really notice it.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

I guess that is where it is nice to live in the north. I hunt 10-15 min from where I live. Leh's included! So I can deek out in the evening and get a good hunt in and be back before bed on 5-8 bucks worth of gas! I do have an atv restriction in my area, but I have learned how to hunt with it! So gas prices willnot affect how often I will hunt, LEH, or GOS. Moosin

Quote Originally Posted by .340 View Post
    who thinks the high costs of fuel made the odds better for leh moose etc for the guys from VI and south coast. Everyone I know including myself seemed to get draws this year and they were not low odd hunts last year.

With this logic I should have pulled every draw I put in for in 2017 2018 and 2019!

i know this is an old thread but it’s interesting to see the contrast after another decade !

Holy conspiracy theory
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

I was in PG/Vanderhoof all last week...unfortunately i was unable to fill my Moose LEH...but gas in Coquitlam $1.52 a litre....in PG $1.14 a litre......crazy