Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Turkey hunting

Hybrid View

Turkey hunting

Turkey hunting is open on the Okanagan this year no more LEH fore them.
    All you need is just your hunting licence and NO tag. Are they becomming a pest down there eating the grapes at the winerys. So this could be fun never hunted turkey before see lots of old crows tho.So there must be some turkey hunters out there how you hunt them on private land I don't know.So lets talk TURKEY ha ha ha.
    Thanks Guys

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Turkey hunting

Id like to hunt turkeys i`am going to try but i think its a lot harder inthe fall. I have an old friend lives in Winfield he counts turkeys they are more than tripleing in numbers a year so in a couple more years we should have some real got hunting.

Well I go to Michigan every year to hunt them and they are alot of fun in the spring. They do have good eye sight and are smarter then you think. But after you call one in and it take 30mins or so your heart starts pumping harder then its all worth it. I would be interested in going out for that this fall.

I'ld love to go turkey hunting in the Okanagan. Anyone have any suggestions as to where to go? I'm wondering about the area around Ok falls.

I did some asking on some forums down south joined wild turkey zone . What i learned is its a lot easyer to hunt them in the spring. You can`t really call them in the fall.

Hey good old suthern boy with a few trukeys under the belt. If there is anyone that needs help just give me a holla. As I am still unable to hunt up here yet due to paper work. Maybe if someone can hook up a spot, I will do the rest, just bring ya gun.

I have seen several on the road to Mt.Baldy.Just never saw one when I had a gun.They were just running along the side of the road.Tried to get a picture but they stayed in the tall grass.Did not fly away.

dont rush the okanogan for turkeys boys, ive lived here for 8 years and spend ALOT of time outdoors have been huntin lots this year and ive never seen one nor have i heard of anyone seeing one. thats the kelowna area anyhow.

I have seen some, but not in region 8-9 where they are open.

Hey Beeker.I have seen several and so have a lot of other people.You live in the wrong part of tha Okanagan.I saw the first one three years ago.They are not real plentiful in area nine yet but just because you have not seen any in the Kelowna area does not mean much down here in tha southern Okanagan.