Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bushnell Warranty

Re: Bushnell Warranty

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    If im reading yer post right, they are not offering you $180, they are offering to sell you a scope for $180. Id guess thats a wholesale cost on that scope, maybe they will give you a wholesale type price on the scope you want.
    I thought of this also but soon squashed the notion. I think that what they're doing is trying to rid themselves of some excess production. But you're right, perhaps I should start here instead - I will.

Steeleco, in 1976, the warrenty was for 20 years; not life on this particular scope (ScopeChief).
    Their offer is one of kindness, not of obligation. They couldv'e easily said "See ya later"!
    Once you push #'s, the discounted scope is a pretty good effort on their part of retaining a happy customer IMO - Nowhere can one be had for this price.

BW - Nope; haven't done a thing except read the letter and pondered/posted. Wednesday this'll be dealt with. Until then, its all just reflection.

I'm sure this offer was offered to another member here. I'd really value this persons input also.

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

If I needed a scope I'd take it! If not then I'd ask them if they would offer me an equally good deal on a range finder or....
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Bushnell Elite's are good stuff. Furthermore, I've had nothing but great service from both their products and their warranty department -- though I didn't actually have a defective scope it turned out, I had purchased one with the parallax setup for close range use (which I would have known, had I read the box) - despite it being my problem, they still went ahead and traded me for a comparable scope (for free) that was appropriate for my big game rifle and didn't bat an eye about it.

Anyway, I'd sure take em up on it if it was me. You either have a fairly nice scope for a great price, or you can re-sell it as NIB for a few dollars more than you paid for it. Either way, sounds like you want it, if you're asking me.

Thanks,
    "...the truth will make you free." John 8:32

I really don't *need* it. The day I sent it in, I was 'stuck' and replaced it with a NIB 3200 ($250.00 OTD). If Bushnell doesn't go with the idea of letting me take a different scope, I will buy it. What I'd do with it though, I'm not sure. I just hate snoozing on deals.

Doubt I'd sell it. If nothing else, I wouldn't be 'stuck' again - It would kinda be an insurance package OR another valid reason to buy yet ANOTHER gun (not likely anytime soon).

paper-weight is what I see in having another 3200, right now...

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.

Scopechief sell for about $49-$89,no doubt it's more expensive to repair than to offer you the deal.
    I wonder what it would have sold for in 1976?How many on this site were not born in 1976?

In the early 70s scopechief was there best scope . I bought one at taners sports in PG i think it was about 40 dollars in 1972 . Good tough scope.

Mr D, get the 4200 4x14 and that will be a good one and very attractive for others to buy, just my thoughts.
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by Blainer View Post
    Scopechief sell for about $49-$89,no doubt it's more expensive to repair than to offer you the deal.
    I wonder what it would have sold for in 1976?How many on this site were not born in 1976?
    LOL I was married and divorced by then!!! Pups!!!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by Blainer View Post
    I was.
    Not totally over the hill yet, my farts are just beginning to ripen.

browningboy;
    Mr D, get the 4200 4x14 and that will be a good one and very attractive for others to buy, just my thoughts
    I just bought a 4200 4-16x40 a couple months ago. Again, not needed.

sealevel;
    In the early 70s scopechief was there best scope . I bought one at taners sports in PG i think it was about 40 dollars in 1972 . Good tough scope.
    Tough as nails. I still have another just like it atop of a .308
    -------------

The only 2 scopes that I really 'need' at the moment would be a nice 3x9 for my CZ .22 (pending on parallax, the one offered might work) or a sweet 24 varipower target variety - I made a mistake of buying the 4-16 4200 because I'm a cheap buffoon. The 24 power would replace it.

But none of this is pressing and I'm trying REAL hard to save up for something else - I found a shotty that's just begging for me to buy it.

It's the typical conundrum; not enough pay the day after payday.
    I really hoped that this thread would help me select a path to take. Instead it has only added to the confusion.

Whatever... When I wake up Wedensday morning I'll just go with the 1st thought of the day and will see then, where we land.

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.

What I meant by the 4200 purchase isn't for yourself but you could turn around and sell it quickly (if feasible) on here as it's a sought after scope for most with a budget, then you can make a few bucks. Just a thought.
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...