Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bushnell Warranty

Bushnell Warranty

A while back I sent in a scope for repair. I recently recieved a letter stating that the warranty expired (20yr term, scope bought in 76) and that repairs weren't feasible. They have offered me a 3-9x40 3200 Elite for $180.00 which is a decent offer IMO but I don't need it.

I could, however, use a different scope - Has anyone here been offered this before? Since me sending in this one, I've purchased 2 others, new. One identicle to the offer and a 4200 target variety. I'd Like to see if they'll credit me the 180 for use towards another product of theirs.

Thoughts on whether or not they'll 'bite'....

Thanks

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bushnell Warranty

Very recently I sent a scope back to Bushnell through the Outdoor Store in Vernon. Bushnell replaced the scope and my only cost was the shipping. Totally unexpected but very much appreciated.

Should be no skin of their butt, a sale is a sale. It costs nothing to ask.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Bow Walker Guest

I'd agree with boxhitch, they'll get more of your hard earned $$ by crediting you. Should be a no-brainer for them.

If im reading yer post right, they are not offering you $180, they are offering to sell you a scope for $180. Id guess thats a wholesale cost on that scope, maybe they will give you a wholesale type price on the scope you want.
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

I have to agree with Mark's understanding of there offer.They are offering you a scope at wholesale cost,not a credit.This seems like a fair proposal as you're scope was over 30 years old and was probably not near the quality of scopes today.If they offered a $180 credit,then everyone would mail back there old obsolete scopes for the credit.

Bow Walker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dean View Post
    ......Thoughts on whether or not they'll 'bite'....

Thanks
    What's the harm in asking? All they can do is say "No". I suspect that you already have asked them. What was their answer?

So a "lifetime" is 20 years. Who's life??? They suck, I've had nothing but crappy service from Bushnell. That said do as suggested and take the credit and get what you can, if it's only the 3200 flip it and get a Leup or better!!!

Depending on which one of the many 3200's they're offering, their offer is no screaming deal??

http://www.wholesalesports.com/onlin...category=10130
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

I would take the 3200 over the V I or V II . .

If you are not happy with the offer explain to them that you dont give a damn about the offer but that you want your scope fixed or replaced free of charge.

Another reason to buy a Tasco
    "ETCOOMS"