Thread: Young rabbits and grouse chicks?

Young rabbits and grouse chicks?

I was hoping to go hunting grouse and rabbits this Fall on the main land. Is anyone seeing good numbers? I was planning on going to the Gang ranch area or South of Vanderhoof. Could someone please give me some feedback on the rabbits and grouse or is it still too early. Also I have never hunted ptarmigan does anyone know were I could Hunt these? I have a German wirehair. He is ten years old and an excellent hunting dog.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Young rabbits and grouse chicks?

All I know is that is has been a VERY wet spring here in the mainland thus it will be low numbers for grouse. As for the rest of the province I have no clue.
    aka...THE MOOSE WHISPERER

i have been out with my dogs a springer and a cocker spanial for the last two weeks and have seen half the grouse i did last year.it had tohappen because my new shotgun is comming

Both rabbits and grouse have a low and a high population about every ten years. I hunt around the Hat creek ranch, not to many rabbits, but allot of grouse.

Yeah from what Ive seen grouse numbers are at a low, but rabbits are at a high, at least in the lower mainland, never seen so many.
    Train hard....hunt easy