Thread: Anyone know Brunton?

Anyone know Brunton?

Just purchased 2 more Brunton Raptor stoves at Wholesale Sports in the Loops. Their price was 39 bucks. That price is less than on the Brunton website. The stoves are really well made and work great. I checked the Brunton website and notice that they also have rifle and spotting scopes, as well as binos. Does anyone have any experience with the Brunton optics? Any first hand info is appreciated.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Anyone know Brunton?

Brunton optics are top drawer. Not well dispersed in the hunting community though. They tend to see more exposure in the birding circles. The higher end Epoch has some pretty sweet glass. I was a phone call away from buying a set in 7x43? However, the rainguard on the Bushnell Legend won me over.
    "The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause."
    -Theodore Roosevelt France, 1910

I use brunton bino glass and the raptor stove, both work great. I would choose brunton over bushnell and the epoch line over goldring but I think leica and swarovski are better.
    "Using your legs to go up a road is called walking, not hiking and if you have a gun over your shoulder or a bow in hand it's called road hunting."
    -Goat Guy. Dec 3/09.

My dad had a pair of brunton glasses and I was not impressed with them at all. Neither was he. Maybe they have improved since then but definitely look at them bofore you buy em. There are alot of good glasses out there now for a reasonable price