Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New hunting shelter.

Re: New hunting shelter.

Quote Originally Posted by ruger#1
    marc if your going to turn off your furnace in mid october or november you will have problems with your water freezing up. you might be able to get away with a smaller solar panel, a power inverter, and a batterie charger, it might be a little cheaper. shop around for a solar panel. i will keep my eyes open.i always have my nose in the papers looking for new toys. all you need is a panel that will keep your batteris topped up. sir used to have a 2 stoke charger that would charge your batteries in 2 hours. very hard on the batterries.
    The furnace I've got in this small rig is a 9000 btu unit and the fan is 1.8 amp so it shouldn't be as hard on the battery as most 12000 btu furnaces. The other thing I plan on doing is plugging it into the truck when I heat the truck up in the morning so it will give it a 10-20 minute charge as the truck is warming up. The second option I was thinking about was having a battery charging on the back of my truck while I'm out hunting using the camper hookup and a couple alligator clamps for the battery that way all I'd have to do is either swap the battery at night or just use jumper cables and put them in parallel.

Most of my hunting with the camper in the near future will be done on the Island, so the evenings don’t get that cold. The coldest temperature I’ve seen here since I moved to the Island in 2003 is –10C and that was January I think. I’ll probably go with a 30 Watts panel and add another 30 Watts to it when I get the money.

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Re: New hunting shelter.

if you do that then, you might want to get a deep cycle, your lucky where i hunt its so cold in the mornings that my moustach has frost on it, by mid day you have to hunt in a tee shirt.