Thread: Predator/Varmint hunt

The 'Hummer' Guest

Predator/Varmint hunt

Having travelled through a few areas in the interior, and again just lately, I was wondering about the possibilities for predator and/or varmint hunting in a couple of spots.
    • 100 Mile House - Little Fort
    • Clearwater - Valemount
    • Kamloops - Vernon
    • Penticton area
    Anything of note in these areas that anyone would like to share?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Predator/Varmint hunt

East of Kammy (Monte Cr. - Chase) I once counted 53 yotes in the mid day last fall, while driving down the Trans Canada. They were packed up in several farm fields.

Crazy sight,,, seemed a little weird.

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

I always see and hear lots of 'yotes when fishing the Clinton/Big Bar Lake area.
    Dislexic's everywhere! Untie!!

Member,
    Mission Rod and
    Gun Club.

The 'Hummer' Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dean View Post
    East of Kammy (Monte Cr. - Chase) I once counted 53 yotes in the mid day last fall, while driving down the Trans Canada. They were packed up in several farm fields.

Crazy sight,,, seemed a little weird.
    Thanks Mr. Dean. From what I saw coming through that area two days ago I thought I'd ask. Actually, coming into Kamloops from the north I saw one sitting on a concrete barrier between the road and a bank! Further along, between Monte Lake & Westwold I saw three on the edge of a field.
    Thanks again.

You're welcome Hummer.

I'm sure someone from the area can corroborate this. Too me it was 'freaky'. Never have I seen this behaviour or #'s before, in such a relatively small area. But obviously, the varmint population is more than just strong over there.

This woulda been early/mid October, 07

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

Lots of song-dogs around the K-loops and Clearwater area's. Always seen lots while driving. Farmer's in those area's are pretty good about giving you permission to hunt yotes on their property due to their cattle. Good thing about those area's is visibility is great so you can see a dog trying to sneak in or get down wind of you a lot easier, and maybe, just maybe you can help give him an extra airway.
    Sheep and Shepherds, way too many of one and not enough of the other.....if you're reading this, stop spending too much time on the internet and get into the bush!

The 'Hummer' Guest

Thanks Elk-Aholic. Yes, some of that open farm/ranch land say, from Clearwater to Valemount looked pretty promising for Deer and predators. I pass through there from time to time that's why I thought I'd ask about it. Thanks again for the heads up.

Not to many ground squrrels south of the kelowna bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Junorr500 View Post
    Not to many ground squrrels south of the kelowna bridge.
    Lots of rabbitts on Kelowna though....should make for an 'interesting' hunt.
    Sheep and Shepherds, way too many of one and not enough of the other.....if you're reading this, stop spending too much time on the internet and get into the bush!