Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting gear RIP OFFS, and Luxury items!!??

Re: Hunting gear RIP OFFS, and Luxury items!!??

Ya cheap binos suck !

Before I never had the money so I bought what I could and was happy at the time but now I'm not goin' back.

The only thing I buy at Walshmart is filters and oil.

Cheap binos do indeed suck!!

The quality of hunting and fishing gear that I purchase seems to get better the older I get.
    For fly in hunts.....don't cheap out on boots.

Good boots are by far the #1 best invesment i ever made. Ive yet to get a good pair of bios but it is clear it should be highter on my priority list. My pack is the next thing i would say i dont regeret spending money on.

Bow Walker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BCLongshot View Post
    Ya cheap binos suck !

Before I never had the money so I bought what I could and was happy at the time but now I'm not goin' back.

The only thing I buy at Walshmart is filters and oil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vansmasher View Post
    Cheap binos do indeed suck!!

The quality of hunting and fishing gear that I purchase seems to get better the older I get.
    For fly in hunts.....don't cheap out on boots.
    I've put up with el cheepo binos for far too long. When I finally took the plunge it was for a set of Vortex binos. Have yet to regret the decision in any way.

cannot overstate the benefits of good optics. if you have great eyesight today, low quality optics will help deteriorate it faster than you may care to think about. the difference is clear(sorry couldn't resist). I know if I could afford to be 'sold' your rifle scope combo BB, it wouldn't bother me a bit. enjoy it, it'll be there for a lifetime and still shoot great long after .
    april fool in waiting

Well I like good optics but i refuse to piss away money again on Leupold stuff just for a name. The saying "You get what you pay for " Is a great sales tool used to lure lazy minded or insecure people away from the money they make . If this saying were completly true then nobody would pay too much anything and the more money you spend on an item the better it will peform

Yes they do make good stuff but they also make ok stuff but they still have a hefty pricetag on them. Before being a Lemming folks should investigate optics a bit and not get sucked into hype , there are plenty of very good items in all fields that are well priced .

I guess what it boils down to is as long as your happy who cares but remember a fool and his money is soon parted and from a marketing standpoint the best fishing lure in the world catches the most fishermen.

ok shmit suit is on storm away LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
    Well I like good optics but i refuse to piss away money again on Leupold stuff just for a name. The saying "You get what you pay for " Is a great sales tool used to lure lazy minded or insecure people away from the money they make . If this saying were completly true then nobody would pay too much anything and the more money you spend on an item the better it will peform

Yes they do make good stuff but they also make ok stuff but they still have a hefty pricetag on them. Before being a Lemming folks should investigate optics a bit and not get sucked into hype , there are plenty of very good items in all fields that are well priced .

I guess what it boils down to is as long as your happy who cares but remember a fool and his money is soon parted and from a marketing standpoint the best fishing lure in the world catches the most fishermen.

ok shmit suit is on storm away LOL!!!
    just buy it used...picked up an m8 4x luepold for 95 bucks at gun show..a few marks better that way the kid will add to them anyhow...they still carry the guarantee...

There is somtimes good enough is all you can afford...most times it keeps it's word.

cheap bino's and cheap scopes just are never worth the hassle....
    The first time I staired through swaro bino's I bough crapped myself...My bino's cost 600 bucks too but don't come close.

A good rifle is never a bad investement....a good one you will keep and hunt with for 40 years. The marks and wear will bring you a smile when your eyes are dim and your knees gone..and will be cherished as a gift to you grandchild.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

What piece of equipment did you buy that you think you could have gotten away with something cheaper?
    Manfrotto tripod, Goretex shell, Leupold scopes, Barnes bullets, Custom-made caping knife,
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

game skinner knives make gutting like unzipping a fur coat and the Ulu style blade is really nice to skin with

as i,ve gotten older,kids gone and a few more dollars in the pocket i,ve upgraded lots of gear and probably spent a little extra on brand name stuff,zeiss scope,browning hydrofleece camo etc i think it,s all been money well spent,you get what you pay for.