Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Sheep Pack

Re: Sheep Pack

Sitka has a Bivvy pack out now that was designed by the 2 owners and the same dude that did the design for all Arteryx packs, a little more designed for the hunter opposed to the hiker.

I used a Badlands 4500 this year for a nine day sheep hunt. It packed well and can carry more than I can. Only the top fanny pack is detachable, so you end up carrying a bigger pack than nessecary for day hunts. Seems well built and is comfortable. My total pack weight, with water and bow strapped on was 67lbs. for the trip in.
    I have used a Badlands 2200 for two years as a day pack and am very impressed. I think this will be my last big pack.

120 liter ?? Holy dump truck, Batman. Its tough to find 90's but they should do for everything, or you need a smaller sleeping ensemble.
    So what are the volumes of the varios packs ?
    Most guys would start laughing if they saw what my dad used to pack rams off the mountains... The pack is no bigger then a backpack that an elementary school kid would use. Then again... He'd usually have a couple horses waiting for them at the bottom too! His little system served him well for dozens of rams.

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by open-sights View Post
    Sitka has a Bivvy pack out now that was designed by the 2 owners and the same dude that did the design for all Arteryx packs, a little more designed for the hunter opposed to the hiker.
    I have that pack, looks good but I haven't used it yet
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Kifaru Longhunter is just the right size for me. I think I'll get two of the side accessory pouches, the long ones and will be set.

Troutseeker
    Last edited by troutseeker; 08-23-2008 at 11:43 AM.

Does anyone have the long accessorie pouches for the longhunter? I'm wondering what size they are, the Kifaru web site does not say...

Thanks, Troutseeker

I know lots of guys trying the Eberlestock J107 this year. They all seem to like it so far. They like the gun scabbard. I am thinking of leaning this way if I go to an internal frame pack.