Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Backpack Time

Re: New Backpack Time

The Wilderness Wanderer has done me well...packs have averaged 50-60 lbs each year. Pretty rugged/ no frills external frame. Was able to get more weight on my hips than I ever was with any other packs, then I quit shopping.

I have a J107, I haven't used it out hunting yet, but I have loaded it up pretty good (belly boat, wadders, over night gear etc.) and it fits better than any other pack I've used. I have the Super-spike duffle that can add even more room if I needed it (haven't yet but you never know).

Another vote for MR. Nice frame and 6500 bag. By far the most comfortable pack I've worn yet, lots of room and lots of pocks and places to hang stuff. I don't think I will any other pack again.
    I will be putting it to the test with some heavy packs this season

If you on a bugdet,check out the Tatonka Lasteranxe.In my opinion probably the best external for the money

http://www.deakin.com/index.cfm?acti...ct_sub_id=3253
    "ETCOOMS"

I just got the Mystery Ranch a few weeks ago. Nice Frame with the Crew Cab bag with the lid, but NO load cells. So far I really like it. Only got a few short hikes in, but have all my regular gear in it, Spotting scope, knives, folding saw, rain gear, gator's, first aid kit, 2 Emergency bivy sacks, Camera, Bino's... Still got room left over and bag is in collapsed form. And Expanded I can put a 25kg bag of oats in it no prob, so I am sure a sheep will fit good too I think it will be a great pack, Guess this summer will tell!

Quote Originally Posted by Kechika View Post
    If you on a bugdet,check out the Tatonka Lasteranxe.In my opinion probably the best external for the money
    I've heard good things about these, too. Pack it w/ or w/o the frame.

There are probably more Camp Trails Freighters or Cabelas Freighters in the hill than any other pack. $700 for a pack or $300, and $400 towards the journey ?
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    anybody ever use the Badlands 4500?
    I have used the 2200 and a few of their smaller packs....a friend runs a 4500 and from what I can tell they aint half bad. The new models are much better than the last with better pockets, etc Overall they seem like a quality pack. From the use I've got out of my 2200 I can attest for them being made well and them standin behind warranty issues....

I got a 2800 and a Superday...just was wondering about how well the big 4500 was for long trips
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

What kind of bladder are ya'll usin in them badlands?

I use the badlands water bladder, seems to work well
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004