Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: logging on to HBC from different computers

Re: logging on to HBC from different computers

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Did you click the "remember me" box?
    yes I have tried it with "remember me" as well as just logging on without checking the remember me - it does the same thing either way

I am at the end if my rope as to why - I have unplugged the computer I have delted cookies and changed settings and re-loaded programs and still it acts up just with HBC site I even tried using our Aol highspeed hookup and still acts as sensitive as our shaw cable hook up with HBC - like I said I can to the homepage but as soon as I try logging in my name it goes bananas

my friend Dale took my computer home as he built it for me and he is checking other issues it was having and will try also to see if there is some sort of firewall blocking the site - if it is showing on my computer then chances are it is on all our computers as they are all built in a similar fashion for using - just strange that it is affecting my Mom's as well - so getting the wireless board checked out as well - just strange that Peter's would be acting up as his isn't a wireless hookup

just looking for other suggestions to try - coming on here is my escape to talk to friends and perhaps meet new ones who enjoy the same things - so I appreciate any input that could be shared - I am no computer expert

thanks

A Real Southern Canadian Beaver &
    I am Proud to be 100% Canadian "Y'ALL"
    + 110% Redneck Woman "Yehaww"

redneck wedding vow: til huntin season do we part
    watch Alison's Kitchen on "Nice Fish Pro Staff" with Gary Cooper

2slow is offline Seeing any?-yup,last week

Did you try downloading and using mozilla firefox browser yet allison. It is very similar to the latest version of internet explorer. Fast and easy to set up and seems to be more secure than internet explorer. If you dont want to use that then try this. Go to your Internet explorer tools open internet options click the advanced tab and hit the reset button this will return the explorer settings back to what it likes to use just incase your virus software has reset something on you

hope that helps
    Last edited by 2slow; 06-20-2008 at 03:42 PM.

2slow - I will try mozilla with my computer - I would get my hands slapped if I changed anything on Peter's computer lol - If I messed up something, he would'nt get his you tube addiction fulfilled lol

thanks for the ideas - definitely worth giving a try - I may play around with it on my lap top tonight to see how it works

I occasionally have what appears to be the exact same problem, as this. You keep logging in, user name, pass word, and the site says you are not logged in. I would log in sometimes 5, 8 or 10 time, get frustrated and leave. Go to the pages, and view as if I was a non-member, couldn't post or anything. Then for some reason once when this happened, I clicked on the home button, in the upper left corner, and poof, the welcome RMG page came up. The site ran normal from then on. This occurs every now and again, not sure why. But going to the home page solves it for me. What seemed to be happening, was that I was in fact logged in, but either the site, or my computer was saying that I was not, and until I went to the home/welcome page, it was treating me as not logged in.
    "Society will forever judge hunters by their compassion for the animals they hunt." Author, Jim Slinsky

A women never looks so good as when she comes in wet and dirty from hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by RMG View Post
    I occasionally have what appears to be the exact same problem, as this. You keep logging in, user name, pass word, and the site says you are not logged in. I would log in sometimes 5, 8 or 10 time, get frustrated and leave. Go to the pages, and view as if I was a non-member, couldn't post or anything. Then for some reason once when this happened, I clicked on the home button, in the upper left corner, and poof, the welcome RMG page came up. The site ran normal from then on. This occurs every now and again, not sure why. But going to the home page solves it for me. What seemed to be happening, was that I was in fact logged in, but either the site, or my computer was saying that I was not, and until I went to the home/welcome page, it was treating me as not logged in.
    thank you RMG for validating that this is something that happens - I was almost to the point of thinking I was becoming completely certifiable