Thread: turkeys with a bow

turkeys with a bow

Anyone ever try this i was all set last spring to go to radium but the best lait plans of mice or men---- Pretty good bow only in-4 horns and turkeys

2. Site Sponsor

Re: turkeys with a bow

Hey Sealevel , Ray Evin of Windfeather Archery Supplies harvested a 27lb Tom a few years ago. He used a Chek-Mate Recurve and Cedar arrows .

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab On --
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

The turkey population seems to be on the rise. It would be a rush to get one close enough to take with a bow. How are they for being table fare.

I have herd both my one says there good the next says the hardest part of turkey hunting is tring to eat one. We`ll have a season in region 8 real soon thy are moving fsater than whitetails.

Going to give turkeys a try this year here in 8-1 and 8-9. Seen a couple of hens during spring bear season. I am curious how wild turkeys taste. The foam turkeys dont taste good and are too chewy. Rackmaster

I went turkey huntign this spring in ONT wiht some friends.

Wow, what a blast!!

My only experience with turkeys was the TV shows and they are mostly American and a bit over the top..But I was very excited.

Most turkey are kille with a shotgun, so I don't see why they couldn't be killed with a bow, they are at similar ranges. YHoujsut need to be a bit more careful about shot placement, becasue you don't have a ton of pellets!
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

BCHunter Guest

I just started turkey hunting here in Ont this past year. It is nice to have spring hunting (again), it is very similar to bow hunting for deer IMHO. To get one with a bow though would be pretty tough....according to the guys around here it is EXTREMLY difficult. I can imagine so with the small target area and their keen eye sight. Would be a good challenge though.

Rob

You need a good blind to really do it with a bow. There eyes are up in line with something like a eagle. Tough it can be done lots of people give it a try in the states. Its lots of fun.

The Turkey season is open now in areas 8-1 and 8-9.It is open until Nov.30th. for any turkey.I have seen them running along the side of the road a couple of times.They seemed kind of dumb.Not like the ones that you see them hunting on Tv.They also look smaller.