Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rabbit season

Rabbit season

I have been seeing more rabbits lately, maybe the coming hunting season will be a good one. I love adding a few to a bird hunt, or even when out after deer.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Rabbit season

where'd you see these rabbits Carignan? I know that rabbit hunting is one of the first things I'd like to do once I'm comfortable with my .22 shooting (paperwork is being processed for my PAL & RPAL).

Years back my dad would take us rabbit hunting up in Chetwyn area...man..I couldnt believe the brace of rabbits I would have to pack back to camp.....I was 12 years old back then....would be nice to take my kids out again...
    "....I got it in pepper laminate and see...it really does match the rest of the furniture!"

I still have not seen populations of rabbit like I did in the mid 80's, but there seem to be more around the last couple of years. This is north of Chetwynd a ways.

I used to hunt rabbits a fair bit in the Yukon.

Somebody told me once that there is a certain disease that one can get from eating too much rabbit. Old wives' tale maybe ?

Wolfman
    "didn't want the cabin lookin' like it was built by a boyscout with a dull hatchet."

- Dick Proenneke

No, I heard that too.....is it Trich???.....Tasty little critters though.
    "....I got it in pepper laminate and see...it really does match the rest of the furniture!"

If the situation arises where you have to survive off of rabbits (say stuck out in the winter for some reason) you can get scurvy. There is not enouph fat on rabbits to provide your body with enouph of the right kind of nutrients and minerals.

Quote Originally Posted by Junorr500 View Post
    If the situation arises where you have to survive off of rabbits (say stuck out in the winter for some reason) you can get scurvy. There is not enouph fat on rabbits to provide your body with enouph of the right kind of nutrients and minerals.
    so make sure you keep some vitamin c in your survival kit! LOL!

anyone know about rabbit hunting in the Kamloops are tho? it's probably going to be my first game...

I had a guy out in Lillooet once tell me people could get herpes from rabbits. Then his buddies all started laughing and pointing at him and saying "He should know!"

I left that conversation where it was and moved on....

Wolfman
    "didn't want the cabin lookin' like it was built by a boyscout with a dull hatchet."

- Dick Proenneke

Already Seen more this spring than all last season in the okanagan. Its lookin good.