Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New To BC need info on moose hunting!

Re: New To BC need info on moose hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by Frango View Post
    You well also need a BC hunter number.That involves a test.Welcome and good luck.
    You will not need to write the test to get your BC hunter #, if you already have an Ontario hunting licence.... just go into any BCACCESS centre and get 'er done.
    As for moose hunting around Prince George, I would suggest not if you're wanting to get away from crouds..... there are moose around PG but it gets hunted extremely hard.
    Go WAYYYYY up north..... as far as your wallet will take you. There's more moose, bigger moose, less hunters and most of the MU's are open bull (meaning no LEH tag required, all you'd need is a moose licence).
    Cheers.

Your probably going to end up general open season, you got to get everything in for leh by the 13th of june big fella. so one night delivery is a must now! Or a week at the post office hidden under tons of mail. Too late to be on time.
    Always next year for leh. Unless you got or had your hunting license from Ontario and can take it in to gov office. and git er done and buy leh cards make em out and send um special delivery overnight express rolling into Victoria MOE. then see where the chips fall and go from thar. Good luck Jel
    Otherwise I would suggest a spike/forker and you could hunt closer to Surrey by going to the nearest spike/forker opening and hunt for moose and muley. How about a leh for antlerless deer if your fast at getting it done in Victoria.
    One suggestion Monte Lake area for spike/fork bullwinkle and gos deer. Mu 3-20 Jelvis

Cool Re: New To BC need info on moose hunting!

actualy, you need your grad cert for the program in ont.your old hunting license may not be good enough depending on where you attempt to obtain your hunter number.i teach the program and was told that these are neccesary to get a bc number.othewise , challenge the exam to get it. threedhunter

Smile Re: New To BC need info on moose hunting!

Welcome to the forum DH.

If I was you I would meet some new friends that are hunters that live in your area ,you have lots of time still left to do this. Then if there nice enough they will take you out on some hunts and show you where to go for moose.

Hint...... if you head north to Chedwen that area carries a good population of moose. At the end of moberly lake there is a road called Johnson creek road ,it is a logging road ,head back on this road ,anywhere in there is excelent moose country.

This area is open for any bull for the last two weeks of Oug ,good luck .

Welcome Drakehunter, way up north is where they be.
    "Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for you." (Genesis 9:3)

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Welcome to the forum DH.

If I was you I would meet some new friends that are hunters that live in your area ,you have lots of time still left to do this. Then if there nice enough they will take you out on some hunts and show you where to go for moose.

Hint...... if you head north to Chedwen that area carries a good population of moose. At the end of moberly lake there is a road called Johnson creek road ,it is a logging road ,head back on this road ,anywhere in there is excelent moose country.

This area is open for any bull for the last two weeks of Oug ,good luck .
    I knowthe Johnson Creek Road out of Chetwynd. Good for moose, but also watch out for elk!!

You can drive up the Coquihalla Hwy and when you get to Meadow Creek at Logan Lake turnoff, (check map) turn towards Logan Lake and drive then a few km you see Mile High to the right. In there is fairly good for moose and deer. Closer to your place and good driving right to the spots. Gos spike/fork moose, check regs first. Mu 3-19 <----Jel-Mile High----> good + close

Welcome Drakehunter,
    You're also a member on huntontario.com. I am also from Ontario (southern ON). Welcome to Raincouver! I hope you enjoy your stay here. There are much more variety of species to hunt in BC. Best of luck.

/icecap

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    You can drive up the Coquihalla Hwy and when you get to Meadow Creek at Logan Lake turnoff, (check map) turn towards Logan Lake and drive then a few km you see Mile High to the right. In there is fairly good for moose and deer. Closer to your place and good driving right to the spots. Gos spike/fork moose, check regs first. Mu 3-19 <----Jel-Mile High----> good + close
    Jel its people like you that are great people on this site.

You do what you can to help others out ,good for you ,if i was going to give a cigar to any one today it would be to you .

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Jel its people like you that are great people on this site.

You do what you can to help others out ,good for you ,if i was going to give a cigar to any one today it would be to you .
    I like Jelvis better when he is on his medication, when he is not his posts get somewhat incoherent .