Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tell me your best Canada Goose Recipes!!!

Re: Tell me your best Canada Goose Recipes!!!

Zap the breast in the micro and then slice it thin for sandwiches.

KTK

Quote Originally Posted by ruger#1
    thunder, ive shot one down here and all i can say is it tasted like a sewer lagoon. ive seen mallards eating rotton salmon along the fraser river, this might be why they dont taste that good until the northerns start coming down.
    That is pretty much what I found out too. After eating grain fed goose from the prairies there is no comparison! Fred
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

ex bc guide Guest

I shot a goose the other day and ate it the same day and it was pretty darn good mmm.
    Mike

steam and rinse them first.

pick up some of that chinese bbq pork/duck sauce the super red kind. cut thin and marinate and roast, it will come out just like chinese bbq pork!! super good.

Hey Thunderstix;

Hello from a former Rupert boy!

Here is how we used to do Canada Goose back in Manitoba.

Take your goose and inject it with orange brandy. Make sure to inject all body parts. You can get injectors from any kitchen shop or Wal Mart for that matter.

Once you have finished this, let the goose sit in the fridge for an hour or so to let the brandy settle with the natural juices of the bird.

Place and onion or two with a couple of oranges (mandarin's work best) in the body cavity and close it up. (fork the oranges to allow juices out)

Place the bird on the rottiserator(spelling?) on the BBQ and roast away. Place a baking sheet under the bird for the first hour to collect juices and start basting.

If you don't have the BBQ set up, place the bird breast side down in the oven and cook as you would a Turkey.

Enjoy!!!!