Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: shared hunt

Re: shared hunt

I am assuming that is the way this particular CO is interpreting it Wayne.

I agree that the wording is open to some interpretation, and if you read the quote from the CO he is basically saying as others have said "buy the tag and don't worry about it".

I am assuming that the wording has changed due to some difficulties in the past. Thats why a lot of legislation gets built, because people find "loopholes" to get around it.
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Quote Originally Posted by MOWITCH SLAYER View Post
    It's Good To See A Few People Read The Reg's. It's All There Just Read!!!!!!
    Most regulations, of any kind, are open to interpretaton and Officer discretion. Just ask any RCMP, City Police, CO or other Law Enforcement Officer......

Some of our members, like LEO, would see it as black and white, whereas others would say maybe its a little more gray....
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Because you entered into a group hunt we expect each group member to have a tag unless he/she can satisfy us that they have no interest in moose hunting.
    I or they don't wish to hunt out in the hunting field went on the hunt and stayed in camp not assist in any way to retrieve the animal.......
    It doesn't matter what we think. Black and white, its what the C/O thinks at the time. Good luck with the test.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Hunter1947 I would say just buy the tag because that is exactly what we got checked for in my story at the beginning of this thread. They CO's were looking to see that everyone that was part of the group and in camp had a moose tag. I agree that its a bit confusing but from my experience in the field the explanation rocksteady received is how the CO's interpret the regulation and I think it would be a hard sell to convince them somebody is in a moose hunting camp but will have no involvement with the hunt...

Wink Re: shared hunt

Quote Originally Posted by mcrae555 View Post
    Hunter1947 I would say just buy the tag because that is exactly what we got checked for in my story at the beginning of this thread. They CO's were looking to see that everyone that was part of the group and in camp had a moose tag. I agree that its a bit confusing but from my experience in the field the explanation rocksteady received is how the CO's interpret the regulation and I think it would be a hard sell to convince them somebody is in a moose hunting camp but will have no involvement with the hunt...
    O ,I would buy a tag ,don't get me wrong.

I just wanted to find out if you all need a tag on a shared hunt that it stated on page 4 in the LEH regs.

And the answer I got back from the the LEH management that makes 2008-2009 synopsis out said that not all under certain conditions ,if no one believes me phone and talk to Ian Lesson the person that makes the LEH Synopsis on Jutland RD Victoria BC.

He will tell you the same thing he told me ,you ALL don't need a moose tag on a shared hunt under certain conditions when applied.

Number is 1-250-356 5142. .
    Last edited by hunter1947; 06-17-2008 at 05:27 AM.