Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: bowhunting commite

bowhunting commite

At a recent fg meeting Mel Arnald told me there was for sure going to be a bowhunting commitee within the BCWF .

2. Site Sponsor

Re: bowhunting commite

Quote Originally Posted by sealevel View Post
    At a recent fg meeting Mel Arnald told me there was for sure going to be a bowhunting commitee within the BCWF .
    And...........................?

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

Bow Walker Guest

Great. Maybe some pressing issues will be addressed - or at least discussed.

I just got off the phone with Mel Arnold and he informed me that after discussions with the past presidents he and the BCWF executive have decided not to form a bowhunting sub-committee to their wildlife committee. To paraphrase, the reasoning behind the decision was that: doing so would open the door to many other groups that might want the same privilege; that since some of the members of the various regional committees and indeed the wildlife committee itself are bowhunters that they can represent the interests of bowhunting; that bowhunters can have a voice by becoming active in the BCWF regional committees and that their ideas can be passed along to the wildlife committee and on to PHRAAC.

I thanked him very much for the time and consideration and appreciate his call to let me know.

So, now the UBBC, with the support of the TBBC and BCAA have a clear path ahead... our key mission remains - to represent increased hunting opportunity for all resident hunters in BC and in particular increased bow hunting opportunities. I would encourage anyone interested to contact your regional UBBC representative and get involved. http://www.ubbc.ca/forum/
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Great support at the AGM for the bowhunting committee according to the reps I have spoken too. It was defeated there due to a technicality and there was great enthusiasm that it would come about. How did that enthusiasm get killed by the good 'ol boys at the top I wonder? Oh well it's the bcwf's loss and it will show gov't they don't really want to help their own bowhunters.

Well thats BCWFs loss . i had missed the last two meetings so i haven`t seen mel .

Tom Ethier says you need endorsment of the BCWF to get things passed. The BCWF ignores requests for a bowhunting committee. Apathy still runs rampant and the BCWF wonders why there membership has dropped by 75%. The future looks excellant now for bowseasons and bowhunters without the BCWF. Too bad they didn't clue in hey!

Now was it that " they didn't clue in" or is it that hunters in general still haven't clued in???????

Every time a splinter group of hunters is formed it weakens the system, with so many Groups in the system how can we ever expect hunting and the enjoyment of sporting arms to continue to survive the ANTI'S

So many of us spend so much money and time supporting our select group that our message is never really heard in full force !!!!!!!

I have said this before on this site and I say it again......

EVERY HUNTER, TRAPPER, SPORTING ARMS, OR COLLECTOR (no mater which type he/she may be) NEEDS TO PUT THE FULL FORCE OF THEIR EFFORTS FINANCIAL, VOICE AND PHYSICAL BEHIND ONE AND ONLY ONE GROUP TO BE ABLE TO EFFECT CHANGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As long as we keep splintering we make it easy for the ANTI'S to pick the battles and some day win the War.............................
    When the sh*t hit's the fan ... You need a Redneck Man ......

Quote Originally Posted by trapperdan2061 View Post
    Now was it that " they didn't clue in" or is it that hunters in general still haven't clued in???????

Every time a splinter group of hunters is formed it weakens the system, with so many Groups in the system how can we ever expect hunting and the enjoyment of sporting arms to continue to survive the ANTI'S

So many of us spend so much money and time supporting our select group that our message is never really heard in full force !!!!!!!

I have said this before on this site and I say it again......

EVERY HUNTER, TRAPPER, SPORTING ARMS, OR COLLECTOR (no mater which type he/she may be) NEEDS TO PUT THE FULL FORCE OF THEIR EFFORTS FINANCIAL, VOICE AND PHYSICAL BEHIND ONE AND ONLY ONE GROUP TO BE ABLE TO EFFECT CHANGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As long as we keep splintering we make it easy for the ANTI'S to pick the battles and some day win the War.............................
    sounds good but......there is a reason they have lost ...same as politics...do they actually represent there constituents or not???
    give credit where it is do..and when not..don't.

effecting change for what?????? I argue with BCWF reps over a GOS for moose..they and there groups seem to be the major stumbling block to free up some hunting opportunities...they have not convinced me otherwise.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Yes, this is correct and would be the ideal scenario. Much like politics, why do new groups arise? Should that one voice, not speak for its constituents?

Why did the Liberals take over the "Green File" from the NDP? Strategically they recognized the benefit in doing so. Is bowhunting a "green file" the Fed should have considered?

Bowhunting is on the rise, both in number and in opportunity. It varies across the province and opinions vary from region to region. But it is increasing in popularity and does provide an enhanced hunting experience.

Bowhunter or rifle hunter, we are all hunters.