Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just came across a sweet looking bow!

Just came across a sweet looking bow!

I was going through some bow maker sites and came across to me a sweet looking bow/deal ( read a few revies all say its great). The strother valor 33 5/8 ata, 8 1/4 bh, 324 ibo for 599! just thought i would share this for anyone looking for a good medium range bow.
    Even the worst day of hunting will always be better than a day at home

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Just came across a sweet looking bow!

Strothers Valour ... Made by Kevin Strouthers ... ...
    creator of old Bowtechs ... Elites .. etc....

Havent shot one yet ... But I am willing it is all that and a bag of chips
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

I have a 2010 Strother Infintiy.

I dont believe that Kevin Strother has anything to do with the Strother Archery brand anymore.

The Infinity is near as I can tell the SR 71 cams with a 7"BH riser.

I love the feel of the Strother grip, it's fast, holds well, very quiet, more accurate than I am, the Strother is currently one of my go to bows.

The only downside is its a bit finicky to tune and not much of a dealer network in this province.

D*

Your right. Dave .Kevin Strother is not involved with strother archery anymore, he and his wife started there own company. K and K archery, i just ordered the Vindicator
    35” ATA
    7 1/8” BH
    332-340 with smooth mods
    337-345 with speed mods
    31" DL
    should be here anyday,

take a look at them there sweet

Bow Walker Guest

Kevin has had a somewhat tumultuous career so far. Plenty of highs and lows for him, hopefully he can settle down and build himself a solid company - not that his last one isn't solid.

There are a few bows out there that catch my eye all the time...
    APA
    Diamond
    Elite
    and of course Kevin Strother's bows.

I'd buy any of the above bows without a qualm.
    Last edited by Bow Walker; 06-29-2011 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    Kevin has had a somewhat tumultuous career so far. Plenty of highs and lows for him, hopefully he can settle down and build himself a solid company - not that his last one isn't solid.

There are a few bows out there that catch my eye all the time...
    APA
    Diamond
    Elite
    and of course Kevin Strother's bows.

I'd buy any of the above bows without a qualm.
    the funny thing BW all of your list has history with Strothers at one point or another

in 2004/05 ish when APA was first getting started they were using old Bowtech Cams
    Diamond being a part of Bowtech since 03 ish ...

Elite was started by Kevin

I think their "problem" isnt much of a problem .... word has that all the starting and selling is nothing more than capital building ... they started Elite with pretty much nothing but a Loan from Kates dad (Terry Martin of Martin Archery fame) ... sold it for a buttload ... paid back the loan started the strothers line ... in the wrong economy ... sold it for a bit more than invested ... started K and K ......
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

yep, and now K&K are filing for bankrupcy. wonder how a " lifetime " warranty works when they are not around anymore.
    Never shot one, but then again there's no dealer here and I think there's only a couple of them here on the Island.
    New 2011 PSE Omen Pro
    56/29 340 fps
    VICTORY ARROWS

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1 View Post
    yep, and now K&K are filing for bankrupcy. wonder how a " lifetime " warranty works when they are not around anymore.
    Never shot one, but then again there's no dealer here and I think there's only a couple of them here on the Island.
    ask anyone that owns or got sucked into buying a Champion bow in the last five years since they went tits up over a law suit using modular cams...

oh and dont beleive everything you read on AT ... Kevin and Kate personally are filing for chapter 7 ...has nothing to do with the company
    Last edited by Bowzone_Mikey; 06-29-2011 at 09:35 PM.
    A true Archery Nut

actually Eagle 1 I have talked to kate strother personally and have talked to there customer service guy too . so before you go believing eveything you read on the internet. you might be interested to know that the company is not going bankrupt it is a personal problem., k andk are still producing and delivering bows, there is a 30 day wait time from order date. Mine hit canada on the 22nd, i cant wait to shoot it,

Good to see Kevin's work coming North of the border. I have owned the SR71 since it first came out and it is still one of my favorite bows. I strictly use it for 3d only for speed because of my short DL and piss poor yardage judgment.

There is a guy in Kelowna who is going to be a K&K Rep. Kevin makes great bows, I wish this to be his last endeavor and he settles down with this company. He has it pretty good when he married a Martin girl and in laws understand archery.

Good luck with your purchases and do keep us in the loop when you test them out. I like hearing about new stuff.