Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Camo pattern advice.....Again.

Re: Camo pattern advice.....Again.

Hey Stefan , Be carefull with any of the darker camo`s (most Brownings) as in half light or shadows at 20 yards they appear as black .
    What the heck 30% of males are colour blind red , green and brown .(I`m one) !!!!
    Cheers
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Quote Originally Posted by milroy View Post
    I know you probably don't want to hear this but a word of advice, get some opinions on the rivers west, I have a jacket and it doesn't do the trick, you sweat far too much in it and it's the only jacket I've had to dry in late season by a fire by turning it inside out. Three buddies have it and all concur. Great looking jacket but.......
    Rivers West makes a variety of jacket/parka types and styles - I would not paint them all with the same brush
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Thanks for all of the feedback guys but some of you are going off topic.
    Out of the three patterns I've listed which one would you suggest, thats it.
    Click on the link to see examples.
    Thanks.
    S

hardwoods green all the way
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

silvicon must not do very well!!!

Here's the best camo advice.....pick which ever appeals mostly to you. Then keep the wind in your favor.

SHAKER is offline Hound dawger reborn......

IMO most camo today is way to dark............ I typicaly look for the lightest paterns. Easier to dark'n then it is to light'n up. Most dramatic is someone walking out in the open in thin light, dark camo looks like a black blob, light stuff just looks smudgy and out of place.

Almost forgot....... It should be quiet in the bush. Wool or fleece always has my vote. That other stuff is for town wear or just keeping warm on the quad (untill you park it and start hunt'n for real).

My vote goes to Hardwood Green.

Studies have shown that deer eyes do not have the "red" colour cone, which means they are essentially red-green colour blind like some humans. That doesn't mean they can't see a red object, but it will appear in another greyish hue to it; thus when they see a blaze orange vest, they see a bright white/grey colour which alerts them because of the big difference between that and "nature colours".

To go further OT one should be more worried about scent than camo. If a deer sees you, it might be alerted and wanting to "check things out" (it's not sure if it's human/other animal's movement), but when a deer scents you (a completely foreign smell in the forest), it's curtains for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    You can do it buddy! you're a terrific person inside! (just not on the outside)

Quote Originally Posted by winbuckhunter View Post
    silvicon must not do very well!!!
    Ya, I would say silvicon has probably never bagged an animal. An animal looks at your outfit and either says take me to the butcher, or see you later. The really big bucks prefer more expensive camo, and appriciate if you paint your face also, also, camo boots must go with the outfit, plain black boots are just rediqulous, the deer will see them right away even if you are waste deep in a swamp. One time I saw a big buck and I was wearing just a black shirt. (I wasnt wearing pants at the time.) He saw me and ran away because it was a cheap chinese import t-shirt with some corporate logo pasted on the front. I could tell that buck wasnt impressed. That or he was afraid of snakes.
    I would recomend getting something that looks good to you and gets you more chicks in the bush. I prefer an urban camo pant and a red checkered cotton shirt with the arms cut off. I feel that set up gets the most babes.
    As far as the patterns you say we have to choose from, I would persoanlly go to the zoo, go to the deer cage and ask for a direct opinion of which they like the best. If this doesnt help, PM me and I can offer you the real secrets to picking great camo!

Here's the deal, I am getting the stuff because it is Guaranteed 10 years waterproof and thornproof .The stuff was developed in our part of the world for our type of terrain. I am allways in the wet and wading through devils club and hawthorne as well as wiping out on rocks etc. I am into stuff that does'nt breakdown, know what I mean
    I am not thinking the camo makes anybody a better hunter but none the less camo is what it comes in.

3 Patterns as stated above, thanks for the input.

STEF