Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canim lake bucks VS Midway bucks

Re: Canim lake bucks VS Midway bucks

midway all the way!!

My observation is the most of the land in close proximity to Midway is private and posted.

Hunting Mulies in 5-1 can be a little bit tough at times. I've seen some good bucks in there, but deer in general can be a little far between in that zone. Moose on the other hand....

If you do decide on the 100 Mile area, zone 5-2A and 5-2B are probably the better options for deer. 2A has more private land, but there are lots of deer there.

Quote Originally Posted by Huey View Post
    I've got two spots that I need to make a decision on this fall.... go east to midway for wt's or north east to canim lake area for mulies... I hear 100 mile can be a gong show at times...

Never hunted in BC before (Alberta born and bred), just getting back into hunting after taking a sabbatical since I was 17ish (11 yrs ago).

Any suggestions/pm's would be great!!

Or any oldtimers wanna take me under their wing and teach me their BC tricks.... Little embarrassed to ask, but mama always said 'asking never killed anyone'... well anyone that we know of at least....
    Scott - jeepers Peter had to teach ya how to catch a salmon and you broke our boat and now u want what??? hehehehehe umm let me see ummmm Midway yeah go the Midway route nothing good comes out of Canim Lake hehehehe yeah that's it - lol

Tell Dorothy to get her CORE - then you can hunt with Peter and I can hunt with Dorothy

Hugs to all of ya especially that sweet baby boy

Alison

A Real Southern Canadian Beaver &
    I am Proud to be 100% Canadian "Y'ALL"
    + 110% Redneck Woman "Yehaww"

redneck wedding vow: til huntin season do we part
    watch Alison's Kitchen on "Nice Fish Pro Staff" with Gary Cooper

Never hunted midway but i have put some time in at Canim lake. Shot some real nice moose , but in all the years i have only taken one mulie buck in that area. I'd think midway if it's a mulie you want.
    GOOD LUCK

Out Horsefly/BlackCreek way Is good as well. There is also some pretty nice White Tails Between Horsefly and Black Creek turnoff.
    My worst day of Hunting is better than my best day at Work.

I have to agree with others on midway for whitetail ,lots of deer around and not far to drive ,go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by newhunterette View Post
    Scott - jeepers Peter had to teach ya how to catch a salmon and you broke our boat and now u want what??? hehehehehe umm let me see ummmm Midway yeah go the Midway route nothing good comes out of Canim Lake hehehehe yeah that's it - lol

Tell Dorothy to get her CORE - then you can hunt with Peter and I can hunt with Dorothy

Hugs to all of ya especially that sweet baby boy

Alison
    Dorothy get her CORE! Yeah right!!

That's like trying to convince her to buy me my favorite Abu Garcia reel!!! Like that would ever happen!! Hey wait a minute...... I guess there is always a chance....

You need to start working on her, cuz what I'm trying sure ain't working!

Quote Originally Posted by Huey View Post
    Dorothy get her CORE! Yeah right!!

That's like trying to convince her to buy me my favorite Abu Garcia reel!!! Like that would ever happen!! Hey wait a minute...... I guess there is always a chance....

You need to start working on her, cuz what I'm trying sure ain't working!

We will just have to have you and Dorothy come over soon and she can see some of the pics of Azshia and I hunting - we should also try and plan time for you guys to joins us at the cabin - that alone should be enough to convince to get her CORE and join the ranks - plus now with the new boat we can actually fit all of us in without dragging the prop lol

we can go do some target shooting also and she can try my little rifle and see it aint so scary

after all she did start liking fishing

A Real Southern Canadian Beaver &
    I am Proud to be 100% Canadian "Y'ALL"
    + 110% Redneck Woman "Yehaww"

redneck wedding vow: til huntin season do we part
    watch Alison's Kitchen on "Nice Fish Pro Staff" with Gary Cooper

I hunted Canim 2 years ago for a week, it's super thick bush. I would look some where else myself.

F/D
    Traditional Bowhunters of B.C. (region 2)
    United Bowhunters of B.C. (life time member)
    BCWF
    Chilliwack Fish & Game
    IDPA