Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Crow hunt

The 'Hummer' Guest

Re: Crow hunt

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    Ive called them in with the Fx3 I had, sit and wait with shotgun...it's alot of fun
    Gotta' ask as you're the guy that would know, what actual call would you say works best? What call were you using on your FX3 if you don't mind me asking?

I've been thinking to ask, is the FoxPro worth every penny for all you users out there? I want to make the plunge, but it sure is pricey, and I don't do coyotes enough to really justify the cost (unless I can call in other stuff too like crows and other shoot-able stuff lol).
    You can do it buddy! you're a terrific person inside! (just not on the outside)

I had bought alot of the Foxpro crow sounds, crow party, crow distress, etc etc

they all seem to work
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

rishu, believe it or not we use a duck call. blow it hard with lots of rasp and it works like a hot damn. if you like i could show you how if you want to hook up,a wood call works best....fowl

Damn TB, that FX5 of yours is more expensive than some of the guns I own! I'd sure like to borrow it though. Hell maybe I'll just come up during summer and shoot 'em up with you.

fowl,

Sure I'd be up for it. Any weekday after 3-4pm is good with me, and 2 more weeks until I become unemployed for the summer, so I've got tons of free time ahead of me. PM me or something

Anyone else want in on this? lol

The 'Hummer' Guest

I had bought alot of the Foxpro crow sounds, crow party, crow distress, etc etc

they all seem to work
    Just checking the list of calls I got with my caller;
    - Crow Fight
    - Dying Crow
    - Crow Gathering and
    - Struggling Crow.
    I'll give them a whirl. Thanks for the help & info.

They taste like hell and benefit the land by eating garbage and litter that slobs leave at campgrounds so, as wolfman asked....."Why kill them?"
    Just more ammo for the anti's who have us all painted as bloodthirsty killers.
    It's only when you see a mosquito land on your testicles that you realize there are other ways to deal with problems than violence.

I use a mouth call -olt perfect crow model 9- After a bit of practice it works very well. I used to spend a fair bit of time in a ghillie and other camo calling crows right in and then gettin them with either a .22 when they land and try to figure out the call or a shotgun but once you shoot them with a shotgun it really lessons your chances of calling more in. If you ever get a chance to find a rookery and start hitting the call at sundown the sky will turn black with crows if it is a big one

Its been while since i have spent any real time calling crows but i would say spend the money on a good mouth call (under $20 i bet ). I have some crow decoys around but the dogs use them as toys now it seems but they did help a bit, the owl decoys are are easy to find but really need some gussying up to het them to give results .

I have some johnny stewart tapes,(predator and crow calling) that work well also. (tape cassette and a loud speaker) .

Quote Originally Posted by Phreddy View Post
    They taste like hell and benefit the land by eating garbage and litter that slobs leave at campgrounds so, as wolfman asked....."Why kill them?"
    Just more ammo for the anti's who have us all painted as bloodthirsty killers.

Perhaps one should look into crows a bit more

I also bought a mouth call down at the States a while back, but I have nowhere to use it..? Is it usually private land you guys hunt in or Crown?