Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tipi Tent vs Wall Tent

Re: Tipi Tent vs Wall Tent

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    I was wondering about a 8 person ice fishing shelter. Pops up, insulated, lots of room for a couple of cots. In black or cammo if I could find one.
    I’ve used my big rectangle cabelas ice fishing shelter before. It’s not that great. It’s not waterproof at all and the dimensions are all wrong for sleeping. I think it’s 6x12 but the bottom of the walls is actually a touch smaller so you can’t sleep the short way and barely fit two guys shoulder to shoulder the other way. It’ll work if it’s all you have, but they’re really not designed for that, unless you get a different shape.

Re: Tipi Tent vs Wall Tent

Quote Originally Posted by cmac View Post
    I have a 12x14 wall tent and find it is more trouble than it's worth for just a weekend. I use a smaller Kodiak canvas tent for weekend hunts sets up fast and is great for 2 ppl. If I am going for a week or more I bring the wall tent, way more room and way more comfortable.
    I was thinking it might be more trouble than it's worth for short trips. I've actually owned a used wall tent in the past, but ended up selling it as I couldn't be bothered to set it up for weekend trips. Although I'd think that if I got into the routine of setting it up I could get good at it.

Tipi tents look easier to set up and smaller to store and transport. My main concern with them is I've read that sometimes there's a fair bit of condensation drips.
    When in doubt, just pin it.