Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: He's gone!

Re: He's gone!

Sorry for your loss zaconb.
    I know your pain, it is about the only downside of gundogs.
    "I would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six"

Sorry to see anyone lose a good dog, but it sounds like you had the good sense to send him off with a smile on his face. I just hope that when it comes my buddy's time I'll have the ability to do the same for him.
    As Will Rogers said so appropriatly, "If there are no dogs in heaven then I want to go where they went."
    It's only when you see a mosquito land on your testicles that you realize there are other ways to deal with problems than violence.

zaconb

Sorry to hear of your loss. I got a English Pointer pup last year and we're so attached to each other that I can't imagine loosing her.
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009

My Dad was a lutheran minister and a hunter. when my springer passed I was 15. many days together teaching each other to hunt. Dad told me the Lord knows how much these animals mean to us and I would most likely see him in heaven. I believed it then and I believe it now. take heart!