Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bear hunting in the rain

Re: Bear hunting in the rain

i agree with gatehouse... ive always had good luck right after the rain!.. havnt seem much while it was raining tho

Thanks everyone going to try my luck on monday.

The oldest bear we ever killed was in the middle of a downpour. Estimated 20 years old. Generally though you will see more bears on nice sunny days.

west coast GRIZZLIES..LOVE the rain...and I have seen em out in horrendous downpours..

STEVEN

As a general rule I agree with the better weather the more you'll see. However they are animals, they are born and raised in the outdoors and live everyday in all kinds of weather never knowing any different. Their main goal everyday is to put a meal in their belly so whether its good, bad or ugly weather they will be out eventually when the tummy starts to growl IMHO.
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom

I Was Watching A Big Boar Feeding On The Beach One Afternoon And As Soon As It Started To Rain He Dissapeared Into The Timber. Unfortunately I Could Not Get To Him Because He Was On A Private Oyster Lease. One Day I Will Find Out Where He Comes From & Set Up A Tree Stand To Take Him With My Bow. He Is At Least 5 Yrs. Old & Close To 400lbs. A Real Trophy. I'll Try To Get Live Pics One Day Also.

One of the last bears I took was during an absolute downpour. I walked 50 yards behind him down the road for aprox a mile and a half before he gave me the broadside shot I was looking for. He was a big bear and had no idea I was behind him with all that rain falling. I do see more on the nice days but that may because I'm out more on the nice days. Jim

Don't get me wrong....Bears have lots of fur and the rain doens't make them try to duck into a Starbucks

I've killed more than a few bears in the pissing rain...

But when there has been a storm, or a few days of poor weather, and then the weather breaks, it seems that bears are just like humans. We want to get out of the house and go for a walk, and so do bears
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

im surprised you have a job hope it doesnt rain you wont get out of the truck you name steeler ha ha

Shut up how was your grizz hunt you shity hunter i got one at home if you want to see what a grizz looks like ha ha.