Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bear Down!

Re: Bear Down!

good going wildfoot. The`s a taxi close to you ,Dawn to Dusk, at notch hill. But i would recommend either arrowhead, or wildside both do good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dean View Post
    As for a taxi out that ways, try looking up Dan @ TrueLife Studios, located in Monty Creek. Turn around is a little on the slow side but his work is decent and he's an honest family man. Look over his studio and judge for yourself, before commiting. He wont mind.

i will second dan at true life he did up my bear a couple years ago and he didnt an awesome job and he is reasonably priced..i think a 4'6 bear would run around the 600 to 700 dollar range...i think when i got mine done dan was 125. a foot and 35 bucks to skin out the head and paws if it needs to be done...congrats on ur first bear..its more exciting then shootin ur first buck isnt it...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

Way to go, Wildfoot! Gotta love the first of any species. Sounds like he'll be a good eater. I managed to score my first archery bear on wednesday and I'll post pics and story later.
    Congrats

Way to go,and great story.Sounds like you were real patient.
    The bear would probably be older than 1 or there would have been a sow with it.The sows generally send them off after the secound year,so probably at least a 2 year old.I'm not a big fan of bearmeat,but I would share some bear and beans just for the story and adventure.

I predict that bear as a fine eater ---> Cut all the steaks you can. Use the fronts for burger or sausage. Get into the backstraps ASAP!

I have a BBQ.
    Agree 100%, this will be prime eating and make great steaks, hamburgers and sausage. If your real adventerous get a hind cured, delicious ham!
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom

Good kill ! and great story ! Joe Sarrazin (Arrowhead Taxidermy) does good work. He is pretty busy so it might take a while to get it back , you can contact him at the silver creek store. He also gives good deals on artchery supplies , try your next one with a bow, now there is a rush!!!

2slow is offline Seeing any?-yup,last week

Good story congrats nice job

thanks for the replies.

I will be making mostly ground and sausage. I plan to keep the loins, ribs and hams for bbqing. Im going to try and cure my own ham. I was hoping for more belly meat so I could try making my own bacon as well.

I tried last year to arrow a bear, had the opportunity a few times but didnt take the shot since I was holding out for a larger bear. This year I decided to not be as picky . Definately will be with archery tackle next time. Sneaking within 70 yards was tough, but sneaking to 20 yards is pure pants wettin excitement!

Ive got a few different names of taxidermists in this area and kelowna. I think I will check out some of their showrooms and decide based on that. How should I store the hide? right now its bagged up and frozen.
    Animals gotta die too - Don't let them survive you!

Open up the bag!
    It only retains heat. The inner portion of the folds could likely spoil before freezing.

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

I predict that bear as a fine eater ---> Cut all the steaks you can. Use the fronts for burger or sausage. Get into the backstraps ASAP!

me too. nice job by the way. Too bad about the long drag to the truck