Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slow loading ?

Re: Slow loading ?

Alright, I'll try to explain this as well as possible.

There is this thing called bandwidth, which each website has. You can pay more money for more bandwidth.

Every time a user does something, it uses up a tiny portion of the website's bandwidth, for the month or the week or whatever. Once more and more of your bandwidth is used up, the site gets slower and slower.

Some websites run out of bandwidth and cannot be accessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    I added him as a friend
    So, what's that, two friends now, counting your mom?

Quote Originally Posted by scottgreen View Post
    Alright, I'll try to explain this as well as possible.

There is this thing called bandwidth, which each website has. You can pay more money for more bandwidth.

Every time a user does something, it uses up a tiny portion of the website's bandwidth, for the month or the week or whatever. Once more and more of your bandwidth is used up, the site gets slower and slower.

Some websites run out of bandwidth and cannot be accessed.
    It's not an issue with Bandwith from the site as it's on a dedicated server with only two websites with tonnes of bandwith to grow. I'm thinking it's more caused by bottlenecking from the members service providers. It's not hapening to everyone at once. Some guys are complaining that it's slow while others see no noticible change.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    It's not an issue with Bandwith from the site as it's on a dedicated server with only two websites with tonnes of bandwith to grow. I'm thinking it's more caused by bottlenecking from the members service providers. It's not hapening to everyone at once. Some guys are complaining that it's slow while others see no noticible change.
    Oh, I know nothing about vBulliten, so I assumed it was one of many on a server simply because it says Powered by vBulliten. I just googled vBulliten and I now know it is simply an installation on a dedicated server. Sorry. But bandwith is usually the problem with this sort of thing, so I assumed. Yeah, then I guess it all depends on your location, ISP and the computer you have.

I added him as a friend

Marc, if you contact liquidweb via their 1-800# you can ask the server technicians to increase your servers allowable MYSQL connections.

Right now whats most likely happening is too many people are accessing database queries through the site Searches, Posting, Gallery functions...

Increasing the allowable MYSQL connections might help... This has got nothing do with Bandwidth at all. Your server has got plenty!

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteys View Post
    Marc, if you contact liquidweb via their 1-800# you can ask the server technicians to increase your servers allowable MYSQL connections.

Right now whats most likely happening is too many people are accessing database queries through the site Searches, Posting, Gallery functions...

Increasing the allowable MYSQL connections might help... This has got nothing do with Bandwidth at all. Your server has got plenty!

Carl
    Basically then, to put it very simply, the site doesn't have enough connections for all the people.

I added him as a friend

It's MYSQL connections... And the server has plenty by default though, most hosting companies will limit the max amount.

Carl

Yeah, like I said...There are too many people sending too many packets for the amount of connections.

I added him as a friend