Thread: Swan problem

Swan problem

Now I dont know or think any of you guys were hunting back in the 40s or 50s I may be wrong, but geez could you of stopped molesting the swans so much.

1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Swan problem

You collect neat old stuff too eh? What's the other one 1937?
    I don't recall a problem with swans, but I didn't live in the Okanagan at that time. I suppose back then just about anything that wasn't legal was done.
    Kinda like today - maybe a guy should save some "No Smoking" signs for the grandchildren or hunting regulations. Would be neat to hear them say "You
    smoked and hunted?"

Yea the sign beside its just a reproduction new tin sign but still looks neat. I also got the waterfowl hunting regulations for 1947 and did the same frame as the swan one. That ones pretty neat too, all the different bag limits, longer brant seasons, cant shoot woodies, 7 ducks a day, 100 total a season, alot easiler to understand then todays regs.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

One of my all time favourite duckin signs is at "the unit" at Long Point (Ontario), huge sign that says DON'T SHOOT THE BIG WHITE BIRDS! refering to swans and then shows a Swan compared to a snow, canada and mallard

Ian

Hhhmmm, molesting the Swans ?
    Maybe there weren't enough sheep to go around ?
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

So tell us Boxhitch......were you just trying to help that sheep over the fence?
    It's only when you see a mosquito land on your testicles that you realize there are other ways to deal with problems than violence.

Don't make fun of me, the other guy had the ugly one.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole