Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keep trying for turkey's

Re: Keep trying for turkey's

That is awesome huntwriter- You are benefiting from turkey hunting in several ways- I can see why you love it- I am really impressed with it !! I never knew how fun it would actually be- It is challenging too- part of the reason why it it so nice to finally get one. I am open to any advice you have !!! The country is beautiful and nice to walk- especially in the morning- hearing gobbling just adds to the beauty LOL. I'm trying to get others hooked too- namely friends and family- I know if they tried it - they would probably love it- even though there are days when you don't see a thing. Hiking out in the fresh air never hurt anybody.
    Timing is everything

Re: Keep trying for turkey's

Yes I have been very fortunate in that way, but it has not been an easy road to travel too. It’s an ongoing learning process and dedication to turkey conservation and keeping up with the latest developments in that field. But I would be lying if I say that it is not fun for me and that I do not enjoy it very much.

Part of my dedication to turkey hunting and conservation is to let other hunters benefit from what I have learned over the many years. To that end I intend to give turkey hunting classes as soon we have moved to our new home and are settled in a bit.

Having professionally traveled all over the world for over 30 years I agree with you that British Columbia is hands down one of the most beautiful places on earth I have ever seen. Nowhere I have traveled and lived, including America, are more game species to hunt and more fish to fish than right here in BC.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"