Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: opinions on the best ATVs

Re: opinions on the best ATVs

kgs, your a big tall dude. First thing I would consider is how the quad fits you. If you plan on loading it up with extra weight from game I would be looking at quads that are mechanicaly driven with a transmission, not belt driven.

My personal recommendation for you would be a Honda TRX680FGA8

Saying that, I have a 2006 Brute Force 750 that I have riden like I stold it from day 1, and I have not been let down. Its been an excellent ATV. Your more than welcome to take it for a rip, just send me a PM and we can set up a time.

Resale value..... its not a question that should be a factor. Do your homework, buy what fits your needs even if you have to spend a tad more now, and you will probably not consider selling it until its completely worn out anyways.
    Last edited by DrewT; 04-27-2008 at 11:25 PM.

Another vote for the 700 grizzly, I know right now that Daytona in Surrey has one brand new for 8999.00 + Taxes, seen it advertised in the local paper, thats a great deal or go to the states and save BIG $$$$.

I have a 660, I've sank it, buried it, threw alot of stuff at it and it just eats it up!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

hmmmm I had a Honda 300 trx for 14 years NEVER one problem lots of hunting and snow plowing every winter sold it in 15 MINUTES when i was ready to buy again...and even then I had 4 people with cash,

I have never seen any Honda with issues..or broken they have a reputation for being bullet proof tough..and thats been my experience.

I am 300 pounds and 6 feet tall..and have the new 2007 Honda Rubicon Canadian trails edition with adjustable indipendent suspension..500 cc's camo...it has PLENTY of powere for everything and anything I want to do.PERIOD.I am a big guy..comfortable ..fast with 2-4 wheel drive selectable...stable and quiet and most of all QUALITY...several folks have rushed into Polaris just because of the cost only to discover the lack of quality not even close.

This Honda even has an onboard GPS system...good lighting and decent ground clearance..without being tippy..

Had I to change one thing??? I would go 2008 with the EFI?? ELECTRONIC FUEL INJECTION.....not sure if that changed for 2008???

The Honda motors are renowed for quiet reliable power..transmissions??? I havnt had a problem last one or this one or know anyone that has...

This maching can hit 75 Kilometers/hr on the flat with me on it..plenty fast..low range it climbs exceptionally well...and like I said does everything I want and need a hunting ATV to do...and the brakes are DISC..ON THE FRONT..cant remember about the back..

Honda Williams LAKE had the 500 on sale for $9,000 plus tax etc...around there..much less than in paid..

You need to try one..see how You like it...and check the quality and remember if 500 cc will do everything you need going BIGGER will only decrease your range and increase your $$$$$....

I recomend Honda Rubicon Canadian trails edition 500 cc

Steven

One thing I don't like about my Kawasaki 700 is the fact that the fan will come on when ever it wants, key in or out, off or on, don't matter. So on occasion, I have putted into a cut block and turned of the bike and as I'm walking away .. the fan comes on ! weeeee , nice and loud. Most frusterating when you turn the key off and want quite.

buy the one that you can affrd...not just make the payments on.
    If it goes missing before it is paid for you have a lot of money to put out for something some ahole has ripped off of you.
    Just my .02 worth this afternoon.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    hmmmm I had a Honda 300 trx for 14 years NEVER one problem lots of hunting and snow plowing every winter sold it in 15 MINUTES when i was ready to buy again...and even then I had 4 people with cash,

I have never seen any Honda with issues..or broken they have a reputation for being bullet proof tough..and thats been my experience.

I am 300 pounds and 6 feet tall..and have the new 2007 Honda Rubicon Canadian trails edition with adjustable indipendent suspension..500 cc's camo...it has PLENTY of powere for everything and anything I want to do.PERIOD.I am a big guy..comfortable ..fast with 2-4 wheel drive selectable...stable and quiet and most of all QUALITY...several folks have rushed into Polaris just because of the cost only to discover the lack of quality not even close.

This Honda even has an onboard GPS system...good lighting and decent ground clearance..without being tippy..

Had I to change one thing??? I would go 2008 with the EFI?? ELECTRONIC FUEL INJECTION.....not sure if that changed for 2008???

The Honda motors are renowed for quiet reliable power..transmissions??? I havnt had a problem last one or this one or know anyone that has...

This maching can hit 75 Kilometers/hr on the flat with me on it..plenty fast..low range it climbs exceptionally well...and like I said does everything I want and need a hunting ATV to do...and the brakes are DISC..ON THE FRONT..cant remember about the back..

Honda Williams LAKE had the 500 on sale for $9,000 plus tax etc...around there..much less than in paid..

You need to try one..see how You like it...and check the quality and remember if 500 cc will do everything you need going BIGGER will only decrease your range and increase your $$$$$....

I recomend Honda Rubicon Canadian trails edition 500 cc

Steven
    Hey Steve, Ive been thinking Honda is the way to go also, but I heard they dont have a posi front end???? Is this true, if so its only a 3 wheel drive IMO.
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

The two quads on ATV Review are the can am 800 and Yamaha grizzly 700 that are heads and tails above the rest (Big bore), honda for smaller cc's.
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Talk with reforestation companies and you will find that they are using Hondas. Hondas are bullet proof for a utility machine. The 420, or 500 are good choices. A 500 will do everything you want it to. I have owned hondas' cats and polaris's. The only two I have wrenched on were the cat and the polaris. I have operated every brand name of quad out there, and they all did what I needed them to. The hondas did that without a hickup. My cat I own right now is a fun machine, it has lots of power and I have BIG tires on it, eats the muskeg up!! Broke an axle and have done two tie rod ends though. It is a personal preference, but I will buy a new Honda next!! Moosin

I ride a camo 2007 Kawasaki brute force 750 with a few upgrades(max115km) and i've road it to hell and back with out any mechanical problems. Had a couple of bad crashes, had to spend some $$$ and had to re-adjust the frame alittle but all in all one hell of a quad. I also ride with Trail Hunter who rides a grizzly 700(nice quad), and other than a few spills he hasnt had any mechanical problems. And believe me we ride hard and fast. The only problem with the big powerhouse machines is their belt driven. For a moderate atv without belts honda atv's are hard to beat. Belt drives are only so reliable.

Mark I dont know I would I tell ??? I tried to get it stuck no way in mud...in snow it took a lot and steep terrain and that got me stopped..I dont use it for stoopid stuff daily..lol It has worked w/o exception for over 15 years...

I will ask Honda here

Steven