Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wicked cat footage

Re: Wicked cat footage

Humans kill just about every thing thy eat, from plants to animals. You go to the store and get it or you harvest it. Different strokes for different folks. Cat is good like chicken or Rabat. A cat wanted me for dinner once, it was a close call. I am still here. I never hunted cat then. I do a little cat hunting now. I no how cat taste like. But the cat does not no how I taste like.

Quote Originally Posted by Nailgunslinger View Post
    Johnny G1, I'd watch your actions in the bush in real life, you might not like the consequences of your thoughts put to motion.
    This is the second (that I know of) time you have insinuated you would shoot anyone that shot your dog. If you control your dog you won't have a problem, if you don't, you may. People like myself that shoot their mouth off about killing dogs are not talking about sneeking into someone's yard and shooting a sleeping pet. We're talking about taking care of a problem animal causing damage or creating "problems". Are you really so emotional as to not be able to help yourself from killing a human that has killed a "percieved at the time to be" problem animal? If so, I suggest you give your guns away because it's just a matter of time before someone does something that crossess your moral line and will have to pay with their life. You have already indicated twice that you are more than willing to do so.
    Last edited by TPK; 04-25-2008 at 02:13 PM.

Not my "style" but I guess if it floats your boat, go for it, it's perfectly legal!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Great vid......thanks for posting. I too would love to try this. Gonna have to sweet talk Baraccuda one of these days

Some great footage of the chase on that cat. Tough to get good footage like that on this Island.

Some real dorky comments that is for sure?
    If you're going to find tracks you better make tracks!

Quote Originally Posted by TPK View Post
    This is the second (that I know of) time you have insinuated you would shoot anyone that shot your dog. If you control your dog you won't have a problem, if you don't, you may. People like myself that shoot their mouth off about killing dogs are not talking about sneeking into someone's yard and shooting a sleeping pet. We're talking about taking care of a problem animal causing damage or creating "problems". Are you really so emotional as to not be able to help yourself from killing a human that has killed a "percieved at the time to be" problem animal? If so, I suggest you give your guns away because it's just a matter of time before someone does something that crossess your moral line and will have to pay with their life. You have already indicated twice that you are more than willing to do so.
    No, what your talking about is taking the law into your own hands and dealing with what you see as a "perceived at the time to be" "problem animal". Nowhere in this thread, or in the other before I replied, dipicted such an acurate scenario. It was more like "I shoot any dog chasing any wildlife".
    What in the bloody hell makes you think that for one second me or another person who has invested time, love and hard work in an animal that has protected and served its family unit faithfully from puppyhood on, would not be infuriated to the point of no return? What have you or any other moron that thinks that they are serving the nation by killing a dog loose in the wild, done for me that I would stay my hand? My dog is family, he has protected me and my household. If you shot my wife or kids I would hunt you down as well. It seems vigilante justice suits you just fine when its to YOUR own moral codes. I also wouldn't need a firearm to deal with the culprit but as they would have just shot my dog, presumably close to me they would have it coming in short order.
    I stated the acceptable course of action to take with my dog. If you catch it attacking an animal not lawfully enaged in a hunt, shoot it, its a menace. Dog chase things as a rule, they also escape at times and run after different smells. It doesnt deserve to be shot for following its own genetic code. You might not have the testicular fortitude to deal with someone shooting you,your family(dog included), thats not my fault. Maybe you should give up your firearms and move to a hippie commune where you can throw flowers at someone that crosses the proverbial line.

Bow Walker Guest

Ok guys. Debate is fine. Personal attacks and name calling are not. This thread seems to have turned into a debate (of sorts) about the ethics of using dogs to hunt game animals. So be it. Debate away. But do it in a civil manner.

Wow! I cant believe how someones opinion is taken so personal here.I better not post any more of my videos. I dont want to hurt anyones feelings.
    BTW we all live off death.

Sorry to sidetrack a good thread. It's a great video. Post away if you have some, and thanks for the reminder to keep it light so folks won't be turned off from posting.

Awsome video!. I have never hunted cat before but would love to try it. Tough to get into though without having access to dogs.

Gentlemen, whether we consider hunting a sport or not, I would consider it sensible to respect another hunters form of hunting (granted it's legal).

If you don't care for it, tomahawk put it great "Certainly not the kind of hunt for me."

SSS said it perfect. "Think about your responses before you post them. Try to use logic and not your emotions (like the antis do)."
    Very true. We are a community of people with a common interest. We don't need to divide ourselves over not respecting each others hunting practices.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of showin up safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, hunting rifle in one hand and shifter knob in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"