Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wicked cat footage

Re: Wicked cat footage

Quote Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
    I like the video,if anyone turned a gun on my dog while running wildlife of any kind i might just turn my gun on him.Just my .2

Might?...I know I DEFINATELY would.

Thanks for the vid....
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...

That video was great. I have been on a few cat hunts and the kill has always been a let down .That being said they have been some of the best hunts I have ever been on . The chase the dog work is so cool it is hard to beat. That is about the only way you will regularly get the chance at a cat. We all should be thankful for the video footage as most will never see that happen in there life time . One, not all hunt cats & too it is too hard to keep up with the dog's . Again great video thanks for the link.
    Johnny G1

As to shooting at a dog in a legal hunt that does that make you ?

tomahawk

That is a great reply to the video . I respect that

calvin L

Great video, i've never been on a cougar hunt with dogs so it was pretty cool to see it. Pretty amazing when that cat shoots straight up the tree and then jumps from tree to tree...

For all of those guys that this video is "not their cup of tea".....you find won't find too many cougars getting shot without the use of hounds. We could follow California's lead and ban cougar hunting altogether. Now California Conservation Officers shoot more cougars than hound hunters ever did.
    Can you guess how the kill them? Hounds.

Think about your responses before you post them. Try to use logic and not your emotions (like the antis do).

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Interesting debate. I have always disliked the word "sport" being used to describe hunting. And I don't think of it as grocery shopping, though I eat what I hunt. The amount of time, money and effort we spend per pound of meat.... if this was just for the meat, I'd leave the shopping to my wife.
    I think its got something to do with primative insticts and getting back to our place in the food chain. I have a small hobby farm and whenever its time to do in a steer or take pigs or chickens to be slaughtered, I feel a certain amount of guilt.
    I'm a meat eater and a hunter. I'd rather eat game than domestic meat, I'd rather be a moose than a steer and I'd rather be shot than eaten live by a pack of wolves. But that's just me.
    PS Nothing dies of old age in the wild.
    Last edited by gone hunting; 04-25-2008 at 01:31 PM.

The topic is as diverse as hunting is. It is not my style but I can appreciate the time,effort and dedication of the hunter and his hounds to pursue big cats. For me I belive if I shoot something it is to be eaten, and not just for trophy aspects. We should not judge others as to thier motives for the different style of hunting as hunting is hunting, just different ways to do it. As long as it in accordace with the law I have no problems with people using hounds to hunt animals.
    It is better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and proven one.

It's a good vid, with some exellent vid coverage. I would have to say that hunting like this, with hounds, is alot harder (more effort required) than most guys think. Dogs don't tree every cat they come across, and handlers really need to be in shape to keep up with the dogs.

I have never met an overweight hound handler, although I'm sure there are some out there!
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My outdoor vids on Youtube :
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RockDoctor07

Johnyy G1; thats a pretty bold statement, theres a lot of godd guys on this site with hounds that might take that personal. There's nothing illegal or wrong with pursuing cats with hounds. Take some time and review the forum rules, theres no room for bashing or going against others legal methods of pursuing game.

Buckguy; Nothing wrong with that view but remember real houndsmen let 99% of the cats go and eat the ones that hit the ground.
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

That vid shows only a snippet of the picture, to bad it was cut when the shooter was just about to tell the story.

If a method is legal, I'm good. We're CONSTANTLY under the microscope and being threatened from all sides for a "stop this", "ban that" and "restrict the other"... The only thing that comments such as these lead too, is the demise of ALL hunters.

I'd LOVE too have a kitty rug, but don't see me getting one w/ the use of hounds anytime soon. The hunt would likely kill me.

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

For those of you who think that cougar meat isn't edible or good your fooling yourselves. I got to try it for the first time at a game banquette and it was one of the first meat to run out. It was awesome and reminded me of a pork roast. Most houndsmen out there let the cats go to chase another day and like mentioned eat the ones that hit the ground.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF