Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Wicked cat footage

Re: Wicked cat footage

Me too .. more vids please.

Quote Originally Posted by TPK View Post
    No one (including myself) was indicating they would shoot hunting dogs or dogs in the act of game retrieval just because they didn't like that "style" of hunting. If that's how it was taken, it was taken wrong, at least that was never my stand. I have no issues with any legal hunting activity. In my case, the discussion around shooting dogs was simply about shooting problem dogs. I assume that if someone squeezed the trigger on a dog, that it was done after proper consideration and they were sure it wasn't engagded in a legal hunting activity with it's owner near by. If you're flushing birds with a dog, you are near by with a shotgun are you not, usually (hopefully) in sight of the dog and certainly within shotgun range of what ever he/she is flushing? If you have sent your well trained lab out after a duck, you are near by right, in fact you have just fire a gun right? Certainly in both of these cases it would be obvious that it's hunting season and the dogs are engadged in hunting with their owners nearby and likely in sight.

If there is no open season, or LEH or anything legally allowing for dogs to be actively hunting, as in chasing game (birds, dear, bear, what ever), then a dog doing that is at risk for being shot is it not? I'm not advocating a canine jihad, in fact I Love dogs as much as anyone, but I do have the "testicular fortitude" to put one down if and when it needs to be put down. What I have further been trying to say is that even with caution and consideration, a mistake could still be made (percieved to be at the time threat) and if so, that it should not errupt in a gun fight with human against human. Just because you train and pour love and affection into your dog, it's life should not be weighed against that of a human life.

First off i had been avoiding this thread because i knew it would be a bit of a gong show but i gotta saym the vids are great.

TPK you you are wrong !
    Do realize that you are not allowed to shoot a dog chaseing game unless you are a and officer entitled to do so. as a pvt citizen you would be knee deep in shmitt and have you but sued .

Ignorance is no excuse in regards to the law ,
    As hard as it may be for you, I urge you to look into the legalities of you destroying a dog in the bush because you think you are entitled too.

ps: they hide that information in things called Books

ps ps:
    Dave and the others that have expressed interest(30-06,etc..) ,I am running my hounds on spring bear, so if you are interested shoot me a pm if ya want to come along.

Looks like it would be a fun time and a good work out hunting with dogs, good video.
    I have only seen 3 cougars in all the time I have spent in the bush around BC, I think hunting with hounds is the only way to hunt cougar, there senses are so much better than ours.It would be by pure luck to happen upon one in the thick coastal forest and actually get a shot.

First off, good video. I always thought it would be neat to go on a cougar hunt, but not too sure now. I am not saying it's unsportsmanlike or unetical, but I am not sure I would get any satisfaction out of it. But fill you boots if thats what you like and keep posting pics/video's. I like to watch them in any case

Quote Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
    TPK you you are wrong ! Do realize that you are not allowed to shoot a dog chasing game ....
    Yes, I was made aware of that fact. How ever as it pertains to my circumstance, I'm talking about on my property, not Crown land. Having said that .. it's still an assumption on my part that being private land would make any difference. Now where's the next video ....

First off I didn't mean to say I'd shoot a guys dog when he was using it for his style of hunting, what I meant it to mean was that I have seen packs of dogs chasing game mainly deer for their bloodlusting and taking them down or injuring them so bad they were dying, That is the type of dog shooting I was talking about, If your dog or hound is under control, fine I'll go along with that. Sorry about the misconception. Shooting a wolf or a coyote for the same thing seems to be justifilable to a lot of people. Just my thoughts.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Holy Crap!!! That was a COOL VID!! What an adrenaline rush for the viewer! I could only imagine what it would be like on the ground!! Please post more!! Moosin

Good to see everyone "clarifying" what they meant and getting along lol
    At the end of the day we're all supposed to be on the same side.

G1; Guys hammer the wolves and yotes because they're legally open in the regs
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny