Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wanting to see hunting rigs or contraptions...

Re: Wanting to see hunting rigs or contraptions...

small footprint for a lot of gear and ability to get some animal home

That Landcruiser is one sweet rig.....

Hey BLACKTAIL....is that a scratch I see on the rear left fender????
    "....I got it in pepper laminate and see...it really does match the rest of the furniture!"

You betchya that a scratch and there's worse than that on her. That trucks been where some of those crawlers havent been. Nothing like a 1 ton doubled chained up to get to my favorite deer spots in the 3rd week of november in 20" + of snow.
    Everything I have only gets me to camp or my jump off point.

My meindls are my true hunting rig.
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

Hey that's Sunrise! I've wheeled that trail many a time. I run a old jacked up '72 Chevy Blazer. winch, lockers, blah blah, old rock crawler turn mountain hunting machine.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    Here's mine, I've built a drawer/platform in the back that is level with the back seats so when you fold them down I have a 5 1/2' x 6' 8" bed. I mounted 2 marine batteries underneath in the back and have a 1500w inverter for 120v power and to power the winch. Since these pictures I've built a swing out tire carrier that also holds my high lift jack, shovel and gas cans with a reciever hitch built in. Now I just need a trailer, it's easy to wrap the small black tails up in a tarp and put them in the back, but I've already had a little blood leakage.
    BCWF, CSSA, NFA, RFOCBC, 4WDABC, NAHC

hey blacktail stalker thats a sweet trailer set up, what kind of trailer is that? nice quad to.

Hey that's Sunrise! I've wheeled that trail many a time. I run a old jacked up '72 Chevy Blazer. winch, lockers, blah blah, old rock crawler turn mountain hunting machine.
    Yup! The tracker pic is also the V rock. The first pic is eagle.

Nothing like a 1 ton doubled chained up to get to my favorite deer spots in the 3rd week of november in 20" + of snow.
    I bought 2 sets of cleated chains and was a little disappointed, they dig till they bury you although they are very good on hard pack or ice. Nothing beats airing down to 5 psi and driving slow enough to drive on top of the snow.

BTW BlacktailStalker that is a sweet set up, I'm jealous.

my hunting rig 1980 Toy with African Safari inspired rack..
    "....I got it in pepper laminate and see...it really does match the rest of the furniture!"

'''sigh''...ok Bartell...I tried to post my pics but can quite figure it out....however...If you guys want to see my other hunting rigs...just click on the truck and it should take you to my gallery.....this Toyota is the best I put together so far....had a 1978 Ford Bronco and a jacked up 1992 Ford Explorer....this is by far the best...