Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vancouver Island Bow Shops

Bow Walker Guest

Re: Vancouver Island Bow Shops

What we (archers) need is for the "Sporting Goods" shops to recognize that there is a huge untapped market out there as far as archery is concerned. We are ready and willing to drop serious coin for a little service/expertise/help!!

Well, for any archers between Langford/Sooke/Jordan River/Port Renfrew there is just that help on the horizon. It has been confirmed that Eagle Eye Outfitters is adding a much needed (and anticipated) archery department. After a false start, Eagle Eye has taken the bull by the horns and jumped into the fray once again.

Look for (and expect) an area to test shoot your bow's modifications, some real hands-on advice, and quality equipment/accessories to be available for the newbie/wannabe right up and through the seasoned archer.

There will be someone to answer questions, someone to install and tune add-ons to your bow, someone to build you your custom arrows, and someone to B.S. with. This someone can also take your new purchase and get you shooting comfortably with it in a very short time.

Look for the "grand opening" very soon.

[quote=Bow Walker;273917]
    Well, for any archers between Langford/Sooke/Jordan River/Port Renfrew there is just that help on the horizon. It has been confirmed that Eagle Eye Outfitters is adding a much needed (and anticipated) archery department. After a false start, Eagle Eye has taken the bull by the horns and jumped into the fray once again.

Well they haven't jumped quite yet, I was there on Friday and all they had for archery was a box of cross bow bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    Go recurve!!
    +1 on that, and you won't have to upgrade in a year or two when the "latest and greatest" hits the shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantmac View Post
    +1 on that, and you won't have to upgrade in a year or two when the "latest and greatest" hits the shelves.

haha, maybe Ill try it out some day, not right now though. Im prety sure I wont get into the "arms race" so to speak. This is only my second bow in about 6 0r 7 years. Seeing as how I spend most of my time with th bow, and zip with a rifle I decided to buy myself a nice expensive one that hopefully will last me for many years

Bow Walker Guest

[quote=Dragginbait;273948]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post

Well they haven't jumped quite yet, I was there on Friday and all they had for archery was a box of cross bow bolts.
    The initial order is being put together as we/I type...should be going in by next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragginbait View Post
    Buckys in Duncan has an indoor area, I tried mine before I bought it. Talk to Richard, good guy.
    yeah me too. a great place to buy a bow , very personable & knowledgeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciskman View Post
    What brands does he sell?
    I'm not sure what brands he sells, I know he carries hoyt. Here is a link to the website. There is a phone number and a email on the site http://www.buckys-sports.com/
    I'm so much cooler Online.

Talking Re: Vancouver Island Bow Shops

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    What we (archers) need is for the "Sporting Goods" shops to recognize that there is a huge untapped market out there as far as archery is concerned. We are ready and willing to drop serious coin for a little service/expertise/help!!

Look for (and expect) an area to test shoot your bow's modifications, some real hands-on advice, and quality equipment/accessories to be available for the newbie/wannabe right up and through the seasoned archer.

There will be someone to answer questions, someone to install and tune add-ons to your bow, someone to build you your custom arrows, and someone to B.S. with. This someone can also take your new purchase and get you shooting comfortably with it in a very short time.

Look for the "grand opening" very soon.

This is good, we need a shop far out of town { the few guys out there will like it } where we can try all manufacters bows and have someone with more than 5 years exppirreance to help us, then go home and order one off the internet cause its cheaper by $ 10.00 What lines of BOWS are you ordering? We know theres a market out there for archery but how many buy a $ 1500.00 bow then don't buy another one for 3-4 years and the shop is left with brand new bows sitting on the self that are out dated and that new fangeled gaget you just had to have is now 6 months old and no one wants it cause theres something better, so the manufacters say.
    New 2011 PSE Omen Pro
    56/29 340 fps
    VICTORY ARROWS

Good point Bill, I say richard at buckys or rick at tyee/peters both great guys with good information.
    Todd

Bow Walker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1 View Post
    This is good, we need a shop far out of town { the few guys out there will like it } where we can try all manufacters bows and have someone with more than 5 years exppirreance to help us, then go home and order one off the internet cause its cheaper by $ 10.00 What lines of BOWS are you ordering? We know theres a market out there for archery but how many buy a $ 1500.00 bow then don't buy another one for 3-4 years and the shop is left with brand new bows sitting on the self that are out dated and that new fangeled gaget you just had to have is now 6 months old and no one wants it cause theres something better, so the manufacters say.
    Well Bill - initially there aren't going to be any high-end bows in stock. Just a good selection of arrow shafts, sights, rests, releases, and accessories for people who own bows already.

That being said, there is no stopping someone from ordering a bow and getting it through Eagle Eye. Setup, installation of accessories, and tuning are all part of the package.

I hope that your comment about someone with more than 5 years experience is sincere, because I believe that there is a need out here and that there is enough for "everyone".