Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: bowhunting/BCWF

bowhunting/BCWF

I put this here so it wouldn't get lost in the Politics and Debates. This is done at the request of our BCWF club rep.

This should dispell any "rumours"
    The Archery Resolution was put forth at the recent BCWF Convention by the Keremeos, Cawston Sportsman Association. The short version is that the resolution was defeated. That does not mean that the request or intent is defeated. This is what was suggested and this is what we are going to do.
    The resolution was defeated because it was against the Constitution of the BCWF in that a committee is to be appointed by the President.
    The K.C.S.A. is going to prepare a "package" and have it approved at our club level. This "package" will then go to the Region where it will get passed. (our Region passed the original resolution). This "package" will then go to a Directors meeting of the Federation, and hopefully, at that time initiate the processes that were requested in our original resolution.
    We feel that as we were the originators of the original request via resolution, it is only appropriate that the K.C.S.A. take the lead role in continuing the pursuit of this initiative. If anyone has anything that they wish to submit in support of this program, they can e mail it to sasquatch@nethop.net and it will be included as part of our package that will be submitted to the Federation.
    In closing, I must say that there was considerable support around the room for this idea, and as was discussed many times at the Federation convention, recruitment is of the utmost importance. Those with foresight obviously see the benefits that can be received by not just the hunting fraternity, but the BCWF as an organization, as well. If you are opposed to this initiative, all I can say is, please try and look at the big picture and recognize that those that hunt with a bow are not the enemy. P.S. I am not a bowhunter. I just want to support hunting!.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: bowhunting/BCWF

Archery Resolution

more detail's please
    I can tell ya, but you know I' ll be lying to you!!!!

This was a bowhunting resolution put forth by the KCSA , that the BCWF form a bowhunting committee, to be a strong and unwavering advocate for bowhunting, hunting, and conservation in BC.

This would have been in the resolution package that all member clubs received and hopefully went over before the convention.

bcf

What rumours? Is someone saying the BCWF does not support bowhunters and bowonly seasons? If they don't they can have back my card!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aggiehunter View Post
    What rumours? Is someone saying the BCWF does not support bowhunters and bowonly seasons? If they don't they can have back my card!!!!!
    Sorry Aggiehunter, I hate to pick on you, but this is exactly why this thread was started.

People not taking the time to read the resolution and make an informed decision based on the info in the resolution. (The resolutions were distributed to all member clubs before the convention)

If your going to "give your card back" based on a rumor or perceived rumor, well IMHO thats pertty febile.

Fact..a resolution was put forth by the KCSA for the BCWF to form a provincial bowhunting committee.
    Fact..this cannot be done through a resulution, it has to be done through the president.

All that is happening here is an effort to inform people that the intent is not dead on the table but that it has to go through a different channel.

bcf

I was at the meeting too and felt that there is a glimmer of hope that the new president just might strike a bowhunting committee. I am not clear what the executive's concept of just what the mandate of the committee would be, but they certainly got the message that:
    A) bowhunters do not feel well represented as a distinct "society" by the BCWF
    B) the bowhunting fraternity does not seek to take anything away from the rifle hunters but that we seek additional bowhunting seasons and territory
    C) that there are probably more bowhunters and archers in the various bowhunting and archery associations than there are in the BCWF. And that recruitment into the BCWF would be easy pickings if we saw REAL support in the effort to expand opportunity;
    D) that the barriers to youth recruitment are far less for bowhunting and that bowhunters and archers have a LOT of young people involved in the sport.

I didn't get the vibe that people at the convention were "against" us but rather they were simply not well informed about our interests and plans. We need to do a much better job in helping BCWF grassroots membership understand our objectives.

Get out to your local fish and game / rod and gun clubs and do a little talk on the UBBC's aims and objectives and get their support asking your execs to write a letter to Mel Arnold who is the new President of the BCWF.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

i was at the annual convention and found out the they didnt want a bunch of sub groups or committees,i believe thier policy is to address all out door activites as they are related.to show a strong united front. we had a long discussion about this after the meetings and came to the conclusion.that we would try to obtain the bow hunters wishes by combining their requests along with other requests in our region.i feel that we need to put aside our specialization for the good of outdoor activities by all.we need as much support as possible,this is why we are striving to bring back some of the clubs that left the fed.by realizing our mistakes and making them right....fowl

Aggiehunter- You are correct in that the BCWF does not support any special weapon season. If the BCWF deemes the bow season/area unsafe for the use of rifles they may be OK to give the area/season to the bow hunters. Saying this though the BCWF would rather have all bow only seasons as GOS.

after rereading the posts this am. I guess I should let people know that the bottom part of the original post in the different font is in fact a letter written for here and the UBBC website by our BCWF club rep. Sorry if I personally was misrepresenting myself.

Onesock, I'm not sure what your trying to say. Are you for or against an initiative to try and form a bowhunting committee?

bcf

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    I was at the meeting too and felt that there is a glimmer of hope that the new president just might strike a bowhunting committee. I am not clear what the executive's concept of just what the mandate of the committee would be, but they certainly got the message that:
    A) bowhunters do not feel well represented as a distinct "society" by the BCWF
    B) the bowhunting fraternity does not seek to take anything away from the rifle hunters but that we seek additional bowhunting seasons and territory
    C) that there are probably more bowhunters and archers in the various bowhunting and archery associations than there are in the BCWF. And that recruitment into the BCWF would be easy pickings if we saw REAL support in the effort to expand opportunity;
    D) that the barriers to youth recruitment are far less for bowhunting and that bowhunters and archers have a LOT of young people involved in the sport.

I didn't get the vibe that people at the convention were "against" us but rather they were simply not well informed about our interests and plans. We need to do a much better job in helping BCWF grassroots membership understand our objectives.

Get out to your local fish and game / rod and gun clubs and do a little talk on the UBBC's aims and objectives and get their support asking your execs to write a letter to Mel Arnold who is the new President of the BCWF.

Observation:
    Hunters are hunters. Any person that hunts, SHOULD be a member of the BCWF for that sole reason alone, no matter the type of gear preferenced. As a member, I would extend open arms to ANY fellow hunter but I can't support distinctions.

All for one and one for all!!!

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something; Is there a group/club willing to endorse BCWF membership only IF certain demands/requests are met???
    Some of the 'clauses' in Hermits post nerve me a little....

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean