Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Home Built Quad Trailer for game recovery

The 'Hummer' Guest

Re: Home Built Quad Trailer for game recovery

I had a trailer I used to haul my quad with but I gave that to my son when he moved to the interior. I decided to replace it and also get one to pull behind my quad but I cheated. To haul my quad and accessories in I picked up a 5'x10' landscaping trailer. Then for a trailer to pull behind my quad, I noticed a 'goodie' going by the local John Deere dealership. I guess a while back, Bombardier used to manufacture quads for John Deere. Anyway, in the back of their lot, they had a trailer with all the markings that supposedly had been manufactured to pull behind a quad so I got it. I needed it.
    Last edited by The 'Hummer'; 08-30-2008 at 11:28 AM. Reason: spelling

Great stuff, thanks to all for sharing their ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should

TAke all of the ideas on here, weigh the pros and cons, then create your own hybrid.

I have yet to use it behind my quad, but have used it several times to bring 6 point bulls and cows, out whole.... Lash a couple 8 foot Doug fir trees, 3 inches in diameter, front and back.... Bingo, 4 person rickshaw.... A lot easier to move an elk in open grasslands.... Road closures, of course.....
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

you know that grinding welds don't make them stronger eh? I would have left them unless you got somthin really ugly.....I have had some experience with those pintle type quad tire trailers and somthin to be mindful of is that if you get a flat they don't work worth shit and them tires are tubeless so when you pop a bead pretty tough to pump them up with a hand pump......
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    you know that grinding welds don't make them stronger eh? I would have left them unless you got somthin really ugly.....I have had some experience with those pintle type quad tire trailers and somthin to be mindful of is that if you get a flat they don't work worth shit and them tires are tubeless so when you pop a bead pretty tough to pump them up with a hand pump......
    Yup,,I am a welder by trade,,,leave them well above flush for strength,,,grind them flush and they are weakened considerably