Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4x4 vs quad

4x4 vs quad

how do suzuki`s or trackers do on seismic lines compared to quads ?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 4x4 vs quad

My vote would definatley be a quad.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

not sure what you mean by seismic lines but the only place i ever have a problem with my zuk is in the tight switchback corners around a tree. can usually make them but it takes as homer simpson would say " a lotta flooring" . other than that if your not in a hurry the suzukis great

but i cant afford a quad so

I think that kind of question kind of depends on how you hunt. The Suzuki's are really good in the mud but quads are better, Suzuki can usually get through but you will have to get out and winch where a bike will just zip through. The Suzuki will seem like the right choice though when your sittin high dry and warm on a cold foggy morning in September or October. Oh yah and quad restrictions don't apply to Suzuki's, if my area had quad restrictions I would definately look into getting a uki.
    Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear.

My preference would be a quad. Better visability, smaller,lighter if you have to winch or pick up and move, more maneuverable around tight corners and less likely to high center.

4x4s are nice and dry and warm though and have a larger load capacity for hauling game out..
    "Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits"
    Thomas A. Edison

"Sometimes ya gotta let your dog find you"

Quad will go more places by far in the areas that I hunt (Lots of bottomless Muskeg). As was mentioned, the Suzuki is nice and warm/dry.

Have you thought about trying an Argo? It's the best of both worlds, they will go just about anywhere, they are warm, dry (especially with a top), they will haul anythig that a quad will haul (and the quad as well).
    They do require that you keep up with the maintenance, but they are simple machines and maintenance is pretty basic.

Downside, Argo's are not as Fun, or as Fast as a quad. More of a work/hunting machine than a play machine.

RD
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My outdoor vids on Youtube :
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RockDoctor07

argo all the way-moose country

quads in the early season - logging roads

trackers in the cold- logging roads

thanks for the input

Quote Originally Posted by NEEHAMA View Post
    argo all the way-moose country
    Had my Argo for over seven years now, and in that time carried a lot of game out, that my buddies couldn't begin to get out on their quads. For finding game the Quads. But when it comes to getting your game out of a tough spot you can't beat the Argo. Will carry over 1000 lbs of game out in one shot on land and 700+ when you have to cross that lake or river. Put a little floatable trailer behind her and who needs shitters to pack in to your favorite camp. I like doing my all day walks and with the GPS and Argo backing me up it doesn't matter where in the hunt that my nose leads me. I know I will have no problem recovering my game.

I prefer to use my quad over my suki. Covers more ground easier.

My cousin and I missed a nice Elk because we were out touring in it, instead of quads. It was kind of funny. My suki is a little awkward to get in and out of because of all the lift and 33" tires I have on it. We were just out for a drive with guns (which aren't the easiest to get in and out) came up over this little hill and there is this elk in the middle of the trail. I stop and my cousin is trying to get out(he is a big dude weighs in around 300 lbs). I see his problem so I start to get out put one foot on the ground and the suki starts to roll away. So I am hopping on one foot trying to reach the brake again and fall out on the ground. Mean while mister elk is running away laughing.
    Last edited by killman; 04-05-2008 at 09:30 PM.