Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Park Boundaries Sumas Mountain

Re: Park Boundaries Sumas Mountain

I know this hasn't been posted on forever....but I go to Summit, getting married this summer and she's got a year of school left so my hunting will have to be fairly local. I figure walking a click from the room is fairly convenient. How far from the school is this park? I didn't even know there was one.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    I was doing some hiking on Sumas mountain and saw some encouraging deer sign. I went home and looked at the special area hunting map and noticed that there is a few sections of the mountain which are labeled as regional park land. I look in the regs and it says that there is no hunting in these areas.
    My question is how do you tell where you are, the map shows no landmarks to relate your position to. Any help is appreciated.
    I have hunted that area for years, and you are right. There are very few markers to be found. Stay clear of the lake and it's surrounding areas. On the mtn as a whole, thats really the only spot that is well marked. Other than the north side trans canada trail.

Living life at full draw.

Quote Originally Posted by greybark View Post
    Hey BZM , If planing a trip here give me a pm.

Cheers
    Hey Greybark! Don't be giving intel to outsiders...lol See ya in rock creek.

Quote Originally Posted by kebes View Post
    I know this hasn't been posted on forever....but I go to Summit, getting married this summer and she's got a year of school left so my hunting will have to be fairly local. I figure walking a click from the room is fairly convenient. How far from the school is this park? I didn't even know there was one.
    the other side of the mtn. north side facing deroche. You're fine up at the college. lots of deer up there. went to school there my self in 1993. woke up to nice bucks every am in front on my dorm. PM me and we'll go out. I know a couple spots up there, but because i'm not on campus anymore, i don't have access.

I want to check out Sumas also. already got one with the bow very lose to home.Can I come?I still trying to figure out what road to take to get to the river side.any info would be awesome.
    Last edited by MikeH; 12-05-2009 at 05:25 PM.
    Vegetarian.. ancient word for poor hunter...

Any bow hunters with experience on Sumas? New to bow hunting (and hunting in general); looking to scout closer to home (and like to hike). Only started last season around Helmer, ate a few Grouse (and tag soup for my Muley tag)