Thread: digital scale for reloading??

digital scale for reloading??

is it wise to use a quality digital scale for measuring powder when reloading? just wondering as i have access to a good one.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: digital scale for reloading??

A scale is a must. Digital vs mechanical .. the debate may never end. If you can get a good deal on an electronic, grab it as any scale is better than no scale. The only downside I have heard with electronic scales is that as the battery(ies) wear down, there seems to be more frequent "zeroing" required. Personally, I like the good old mechanical scale, never have to worry about batteries.

The RCBS Chargemaster combo has changed my life

Digital isn't much faster than regular, if you aren't using a combined dispenser/scale unit.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    is it wise to use a quality digital scale for measuring powder when reloading? just wondering as i have access to a good one.
    I've got a mechanical and a digital. The digital has no advantage unless it has an automatic dispenser attached to it. If I'm doing 20 rounds I trickle each charge and use the mechanical scale. If I'm doing more than that I use the digital with the auo dispenser. (the auto dispenser takes about 5 minutes to properly clean when you are done. The manual scale takes 5 seconds to clean

Chris.

Digital maybe faster for some chores like sorting brass, bullets, cartridges, But its not often this is necessary.
    If you can get a good deal on an electronic, grab it as any scale is better than no scale.
    But I will buy the digital, if for sale ?
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole