Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Momarsh FatboyDP duck boat review

Re: Momarsh FatboyDP duck boat review

Quote Originally Posted by switchback View Post
    Nice Boat Marc. I use to take my kyak down to Cow. Bay to hunt ducks in the grassy channels in the mud flats and did quite well. But my kyak was not stable enough for my dog Dextor and I so I stopped doing this. I have some camo netting you could have if you want to use it to cover your boat. I hope I have done this Quote thing properly
    I've got a deck cover that's max-4 camo that has bungee all over it to attach natural grass to it. The blind doors are made of the same thing.

Swtichback this is what the boat will look like once it's done up.

http://www.momarsh.com/gallery/get_t...nw=1280&nh=853

Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

That's nice boat Marc. I really like how it doesn't sit to far under the surface of the water. That must work perfect in the estuary. Very nice.

Longshot

Well the deck cover finally came in, unfortunately I'm heading out of town until after the weekend so I won't get a chance to play with it until after then. I'll post up some progress pictures of the boat being outfitted with the deck cover and blind when I get back.

BCWF

Elevated transom

That is such a neat boat!!!!!!!!! it is almost the same as my fathers old duck boat that was used in the chesapeake bay. he cut the back end off and made a little transom for a small motor, (kinda ruining the historic/value) but all the motors legs were to low.
    so:
    did you purchase that nifty transom??????? or did you make it. I want one, then the old wooden boat would be back in the water having fun.

thank you for sharing your good boat. Cheers.

Re: Elevated transom

Quote Originally Posted by jsdboy View Post
    so:
    did you purchase that nifty transom??????? or did you make it. I want one, then the old wooden boat would be back in the water having fun.

thank you for sharing your good boat. Cheers.
    jsdboy,

I purchased the transom from Momarsh. You can buy just the transom if that's all you want off of them. I like the way they have it designed that it's only 3 wing nuts holding it on so you can remove it when you want to hide the boat.

BCWF

Hey Marc that sure is a nice set up you have there. Was just reading all of the posts on it. Sounds like the platforms for the dog are quite slippery though. Have you though of putting a little rhino hide or dura deck roll on textured rubberized coating on there. Sure would make for better traction for the beast. Had my dog in my small punt one day and she slipped on the bench seat and twisted her hip. Took a long time to get that healed up. Still have to keep an eye on her so that she doesn't re-injure it.

Hey Statler, there is a deck cover that goes on it for hunting season. It's made of a type of durable cloth material that will give the dog a bit more traction plus it will be covered in vegetation so the only time he'll be walking on it is to retrieve and get back in. This fall will be the test and we'll go from there. Hoping to have some time in the near future to work on it but the wife just picked up a couple of pool chairs and gave me the look, you know the one I'm talking about, the "When are going to put the pool up?" look.

BCWF

That cover sounds like it should be just the ticket for him. I'm sure that he will be quite the sight with just his head sticking out through the camo waiting for that first retrieve of the year. Bet ya can't wait. As for the look.. well what can a guy say. Its' the one about when you say "you're just like your mother" look that gives me the chills but hey the happier they are the longer your in the marsh.

I bet it would be great for hunting bull frogs in Sominose lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Statler View Post
    That cover sounds like it should be just the ticket for him. I'm sure that he will be quite the sight with just his head sticking out through the camo waiting for that first retrieve of the year. Bet ya can't wait. As for the look.. well what can a guy say. Its' the one about when you say "you're just like your mother" look that gives me the chills but hey the happier they are the longer your in the marsh.
    It should be interesting for sure. I just hope he lays still long enough so I can knock something out of the air.

Quote Originally Posted by switchback View Post
    I bet it would be great for hunting bull frogs in Sominose lake.
    It's light, shallow drafting, and a fairly stable platform. You'd either have to pole it or use an electric motor in that lake. What method are you using to get the frogs?

BCWF