Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Momarsh FatboyDP duck boat review

Re: Momarsh FatboyDP duck boat review

smeegle, to be honest I haven't strayed to far from the Cowichan Valley for ducks and geese. The momarsh has only seen Cowichan Bay (I can hear the seals from my house) and private land that gets flooded. I met up with friends who hunt mostly fields so the momarsh hasn't seen a lot of action for a good part of the past 14 years that I've owned it. I now have a young dog that needs of exercise, and my dad and I used to hunt the salt marshes back East in New Brunswick. There is just something about hunting birds over water and the smell of the marsh that keeps calling me back.

If you have a place in Nanaimo area in mind that would be a cool place to do a layout hunt fire me off a PM, always keen on trying somewhere else or getting into different species of birds.

Cheers,

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

OK the new coverings and seat have come in! The pattern has changed to Optifade pattern from Advantage wetlands I believe. Hard to believe what a difference a fresh covering does to a 14 year old boat. Just need to work on the motor transom and figure out how to hide or paint the motor.

Once she's grassed up with the local vegetation it will be invisible either way. Need to get the dog out and about to get used to getting in and out and moving on the water. Hoping to spend a good portion of the fall on the water this fall.

A few before and after pictures.

BCWF

This looks snug. How are you going to grass it? will it have a net layer?

Looks good Marc. Cabelas in Nanaimo had some marsh grass. I used it to brush in my blind and it disappears down in the bay.

Quote Originally Posted by silveragent View Post
    This looks snug. How are you going to grass it? will it have a net layer?
    the covering has straps sown along it horizontally you just cut local vegetation in the spot you plant to hide and tuck in the slits. You can buy the grass that Momarsh sells that stuff is tuff as nails and doesn’t break down. I believe it’s treated so it doesn’t decompose.

if you look back at the start of the thread you will see some pictures of the cover grassed up. Once it’s grassed up for the season it’s mostly just touch ups here and there to blend with the area you’re hunting in.

im a bigger man (250 ish lbs) and there is room for the shoulders and leg room to move around. You can also adjust the doors to sit a little higher if you need the extra space. It’s a layout boat for the marsh or swamps, similar to a layout blind for the fields but designed to blend in on the marsh.

BCWF

Looks amazing grassed up. thanks for sharing