OK with the Cabelas waterfowl issue coming in the mail and training Marshall for his junior hunters it's put some kindle on the fire so today I went into the garage and shook the dust off the door blind and deck cover and put it together. Here are a couple of pictures I took in the garage and I'll get some better ones once I've got it all grassed up and the dog sitting in it.

In the first picture you can notice a blue bread tray upside down. This is where the dog will lay and the tray is there so that the water will drip off of him and into the bottom of the boat so he's not constantly laying in water.. It's a bit hard to tell by the picture but the bottom has like small pontoons so the water channels into there and out of the center of the boat.

I bought a kayak paddle today and I'm going to take it out for a spin tonight in Quamichan lake to see how it rides with the kayak paddle.

In the second picture the blind doors are shut and you can see all the bungee cords on the deck cover so you can add marsh grass or bushes from the same area you're hunting in to blend in with the surroundings.

What I really like about this set up is that the dog is sitting behind you. There is no chance of him sitting up or jumping out in front of you while you're shooting at ducks. Or shocking him with muzzle blast.