Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Momarsh FatboyDP duck boat review

Re: Momarsh FatboyDP duck boat review

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    Nice lookin punts, ya better hope it don't get too ugly or yer gonna get the pucker effect. Go to bed Bob! K

Ohh if it gets to ugly I'll just jump out and stand up lol

Nice looking Fatboys boys! If work wasn't so hectic I'd try and make it over for a shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Here they are. Alot bigger then we thought they'd be. Which is a big plus, room for motor/decoys/dog everything.

Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    We've been having such great success this fall hunting the fields I only managed to get the MomarshDP out twice this season. I was a bit concerned that the dog may have outgrown his cockpit but there is still sufficient room for him to lay down comfortably.

This is definitely a great little boat to hunker down where there is scarce cover in a marsh, estuary, flooded field, or swamp. I had planned on setting up for Bluebills this fall with it but work got in the way. Hopefully next year.

In the next picture you can make out my ball cap, the following picture is a blow up section of the same picture showing the dog hunkered down behind me. The MomarshDP with it's low profile pretty much disappears with a bit of matching the cover with it's surroundings.

Marc
    |
    GREAT LOOKING setup. How long did it take you to grass the whole thing up? I am going to be driving through MO here in the future on my way to WA and thought I may just pick one up my self. What kind of decoys are those in the picture? Could you post some pictures specifically on the door hinges and the transom. I think I may save a few bucks and make my own but wanted to see how yours was designed. Thanks in advance for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by eriecutemoutfitters View Post
    Marc
    |
    GREAT LOOKING setup. How long did it take you to grass the whole thing up? I am going to be driving through MO here in the future on my way to WA and thought I may just pick one up my self. What kind of decoys are those in the picture? Could you post some pictures specifically on the door hinges and the transom. I think I may save a few bucks and make my own but wanted to see how yours was designed. Thanks in advance for the information.
    First off sorry for taking so long to reply.

It doesn't take long to grass it up as you're using the vegetation from your surroundings. I usually only grass the boat up maybe once or twice per season then it's just add when cover is looking a little thin.

It pays to get the deck cover that is Max HD camo pattern with webbing to secure grass / bushes too.

The decoys are Dakota X-treme mallard decoys and the pintails are GHG's.

BCWF

Great looking duck boat, I cant wait until I get mind should be in about 2 weeks I should have it all put together by Oct 15 opening day on ducks and geese down here in Washington state.
    Last edited by duck stamp; 09-08-2011 at 09:56 PM. Reason: add more
    3 kinds of duck hunters, Duck hunters that make it happen, Duck hunters that watch it happen and Duck hunters that wonder how it happen . WASHINGTON WATERFOWL ASSN MEMBER

Oh yeah this looks like the ticket! Nice rig Marc
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Looks like a real good setup. I'm looking at possibly picking one up. Do you still have this boat? How has it been performing? Anything you don't like about it? Have you had it out for divers and how did it work? Cheers.

Hey Marc when you are sitting in the DP can you reach over the side to retrieve your birds or is it too wide?
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Time to dust off this thread and get everyone fired back up again for the waterfowl season.

Hard to believe it's been 14 years since I bought the boat and I'm 14 years older as well . That being said it's needs a substantial refit and upgrades to get it back to ship shape. From what I've noticed the boat itself is fine but to the cover, the blind doors, and the seat had all degraded to the point they are no longer worthy of trying to fix. The salt and UV has destroyed the integrity of the material and all the straps break with little to no resistance. I also ordered the dog bling attachment which is like a single blind door that flips back towards the motor when the dog leaves the boat and when she's settled in it flips back over to conceal her and I from birds coming from the back. I'll post up pictures when everything shows up soon hopefully before opening day.

Marshall my Male Chessie is not with us any longer but I picked up a new pup two years ago from North Carolina and hoping that she enjoys duck hunting and retrieving as much as Marsh did. She's lacking in training and that's more my fault then hers but we are hoping to turn that around this fall.

Has anyone else gotten a MOmarsh since this post died out in 2016?

Cheers,

Marc.

BCWF

which marsh do you hunt mostly cow bay, or up in Nanaimo as well?