Thread: 16 month old golden retreiver

16 month old golden retreiver

we recently rescued holly who is a 16 month old pure bred golden retreiver from a home in grand forks that didnt give a dam about her she spent most of her life tied to a tree or lying in the middle of the road... they really didnt care about her, the lady actually said to me if she gets hit by a car good riddens which absolutly floors me beacuse she is a very beautiful loving, smart young dog, she is excellent with other dogs and kids, she is great in the house, she knows sit and lay down but thats about it mainly for the reason they never did anything with her. she is very willing to learn... we had plans to keep her but with three dogs is a little too much for us right now so she needs a good family environment with a big yard and someone who loves her so if you have a good home for her please give me a call or reply here i may not be around here often so a phone call would be the best way to reach me... to and approved home only i dont want here to have a life like she had before...oh and she is spayed and in kamloops

thanks
    819-4143 rick

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 16 month old golden retreiver

Hi Rick,
    I sent you a PM with contact info for someone who can help place the poor gal. She's a "golden" person and dedicated to the breed. Hope it helps find the right home for her. My hat's off to you for getting the dog out of a bad situation.
    Cheers,
    Gayle

Do you have any pictures of this girl you could post? Is she long hair or short hair? My Nana lives in Kamloops and is looking for a dog.
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
    Do you have any pictures of this girl you could post? Is she long hair or short hair? My Nana lives in Kamloops and is looking for a dog.
    -she is a long hair and is a very gorgeous dog but she is still very puppyish she hasnt had alot of work done with her so she needs to go to a home that will have time to work with her... i dont have a pic right now i cant seem to find the cord to my camera but im in heffley creek if he want to come see her or i can bring her to your nana.. let me know

-thanks for the info in the pm... i will definatly get in contact with her

rick

thanks you all for the intrest.. she has found a good home

thanks again

That always brings a smile to my face when I hear of a dog finding a good home -especially after being so badly abused. How'd the former "owners" (and I use that term very loosely) like to be tied to a tree all day? !

Anyway, good on you for your efforts.

Wolfman
    "didn't want the cabin lookin' like it was built by a boyscout with a dull hatchet."

- Dick Proenneke

Thumbs up Re: 16 month old golden retreiver

Glad this sad story had a happy ending. Kudos to all the big hearts out there who cared for this Golden.
    Blacktailaholic