Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: new crossbow hunting ?

Re: new crossbow hunting ?

Quote Originally Posted by ruttinbuck View Post
    Whatcha got coming in the mail Greg?
    We should get out and launch a few arrows this spring.I hope to be under 30 yds from a nice yogi sometime in May.RB
    Sounds good Doug. It's a three year old Horton Yukon. Looks to be in great shape. Couldn't pass it up!! 150lb with a Horton scope for $245 shipped. Checked out the manufacturers website and even to pick them up through them was at least $500 before shipping with the red dot system. Should make for some fun. I've got an older compound bow and a few broad heads that have never been used hunting. I'm guessing they will probably fit the bolts as well.

Pull your head out of your Ass
    long enough to see how stupid you look!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    Of course!! Until someone actually reads it and you get a time out.

Not likely. A timeout is for breaking forum rules. An opinion that is said civily is just fine. We even delete posts we agree with personally. We have even banned a friend for breaking rules.

Bow Walker Guest

Alright. Enuff is enuff. Anything that's legal and will attract new hunters, or even add to the present hunter numbers' time in the bush is OK with me. No one should be putting anyone else down for their preferred method of hunting.

Let's just get out there and enjoy the season(s). If you don't bear hunt - get out and do some scouting. Pack a lunch and make a day of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    If you don't bear hunt - get out and do some scouting. Pack a lunch and make a day of it.

If I follow these guys around, would it be considered baiting and would that make it illegal?????

Pull your head out of your Ass
    long enough to see how stupid you look!!!!!

Bow Walker Guest

If I follow these guys around, would it be considered baiting and would that make it illegal?????
    Baiting? Yes.

Illegal? Probably

Immoral? No.

Of course!! Until someone actually reads it and you get a time out.

By the way, I just bought a Crossbow off of E-Bay and am just waiting for it to arrive..................Anyone care to jump all over me too!!
    I'm with you on that one Caveman. I just picked up a used crossbow This weekend while visiting family in Campbell Rkiver. I'm 64 yrs old, and the last time I used anykind of bow it was one I made out of a green maple stick when I was about 7 or 8 yrs old.
    Personally I don't give a damn about anyone elses opinion. As mentioned earlier in the thread by many, it's just another fun way to hunt, and I hope to learn as I go. Don't think I'll try getting too fancy though, and will probably limit my shots to about 30-40 paces.
    It's only when you see a mosquito land on your testicles that you realize there are other ways to deal with problems than violence.