Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Binoculars...Who uses what?

Binoculars...Who uses what?

Who uses what, for what (ie. your style of hunting, times, etc) and how do you like them?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Binoculars...Who uses what?

I use a set of Stokes Talon 10x42s (birding series) for everything and love them. Crystal clear optics and well built.
    "Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for you." (Genesis 9:3)

Lieca 10x42 BA.Used them for the last 14 years for all hunting,scouting etc...
    Good as new.Love them.
    Kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.

Swarovski 10x42 EL's.
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

Leica Trinovid 8 x 42.

Zeiss 8 x 30's. Use them for all packpack hunting - at 15.8 oz I hardly notice them. Lightest binos in that class and hard to find better value for the money.

Can you guys who use the 10x really hold them steady as your hiking and glassing your way through a slash. I can see how they would be nice while sitting but....

Quote Originally Posted by Wood butcher View Post
    Can you guys who use the 10x really hold them steady as your hiking and glassing your way through a slash. I can see how they would be nice while sitting but....
    I definitely have to stop moving to use them. Walk a bit, stop and look around etc...
    "Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for you." (Genesis 9:3)

Bow Walker Guest

Vortex 8.5X50's Lots of light. Not heavy. Crisp, clear optics. Full warranty - no questions asked. Can't find anything to even come close in this price range or the next higher "snack bracket!"

Bausch & Lomb Elite 8x50. They are a little heavier than most but I am also a little tougher than most so it works out well. I am a huge 8x fan and will never buy another pair of 10x. Has anyone ever looked through the really good Steiners, Peregrines I think?? I hear they are comparable to the Swaros for half the price.
    They laughed at my boots, laughed at my jeans, laughed when they gave me amphetamines
    Left me alone in a mean part of town, 36 hrs to come back down...am I the last of my kind?