Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bushnell

Re: bushnell

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    Excursions are decent binoculars, and sell for $225. I would go with the Elite spotter over the Legend
    why would you go with the elite over the legend?

I've got the bushnell legends binos and they are going year three.For the buck they are the best I think, pd about 350.00 for mine. At the time I looked through a pair of swarvs, and a zeiss pair and couldn't tell the difference. Not saying there wasn't just not in my case. Light gathering is the main thing with great binos, also cheapies you will find the reticules go weird and your eyes will be near crossed when you pull the glasses down. But having said that I have hunted my binos hard and keep them with me in the truck all year and they are still going great.

My spotter is a leaupold sequoia. Not bad, 799 paid. definite difference when looking through a swarv though. I am happy for what I paid for sure, but might throw a few more $$$$$ at the next one.

tim
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by harder rd View Post
    why would you go with the elite over the legend?
    15-45x elite makes better use of mid grade optics - brighter, clearer, and more useable power range. and they weigh quite a bit less
    Last edited by todbartell; 03-28-2008 at 12:44 AM.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Bow Walker Guest

Two words for you (and bartell) Vortex Optics. Unbeatable bang for the buck. It's like spending several hundred more on another brand.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/

Check out your local birdwatching shoppe. They carry them.

The 20-60x x70mm elite spotter is HARD to beat for quality and cost.

I have used one for several years and unless you are going to put up the funds for a high end spotter, you won't find much better. My bro in law just bought one new for 350.

Look at nikon spotters in that price range and you MAY get better glass, but no guarantee.
    ......"I am allergic to shame, and life's too short to spoil it with indelible memories of shameful conduct."

has anyone dealt with Eagle optics, i amleaning towards the legend binos and scope, thanks for the advice

I have had Bushnell Legends for several years, and for the price they are a good binocular. Mine are now my truck binos, but I still use them a lot.

When it comes to spotters, go with the Elite. I have friend and relatives who have used Elites for years with few complaints. For the dollar they are a great buy.

Cheap glass+high magnification=poor image quality...I would stay away from the legend spotter.

Elite best price in Canada that I've found is at http://www.higginsonpowders.com/products.html

BUT check out the Kowa TSN-602 for a comparison. People tell me they are much better and about the same price... but I don't know shit from shinola.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

I've been using bushnell legend binos for the past 3-4 years with no complaints. They haven't fogged up on me and are plenty clear enough for the mulie and moose hunting I do.

I'd recommend them.

bushnell legend bino in porro or roof?